How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

I don't think anyone has questioned how hard the staff work? But it doesn't matter how hard they work if the system put in place by those above doesn't work. I've been incredibly frustrated trying to get into both Thorpe and Chessington through the queues. A problem I've not experienced anywhere else in the world (or at Alton Towers, I'm not sure what they do differently. Maybe the monorail keeps the flow of people steadier). Consider too that Disney manage it very smoothly even though they search everyone, and fingerprint everyone with a multiday ticket.I think the increasingly complex price structures are partly to blame. There is no incentive to book in advance with 40% off if half price / bogof vouchers are everywhere. Why not just charge £20 no matter if you book or just turn up, or just allow voucher code input on line. People would print their own tickets at home and not have to queue on the day. Also, it took a friend of mine 45 mins to get an AP the other day with practically no queue, that is insane. I don't know what's wrong with it but that system is clearly not right.

Summer has most certainly arrived...But in regards to AP, this is why I renew mine at the end of the season in the middle of the day rather than at the start or end... It's never surprising that the AP queue is busy when the park is busy, and that's not the park's fault (indeed, this would be the same at ANY park)... Personally I've never encountered issues entering our parks... So I guess I'm just lucky...

I have to point out that my family each have a different renewal date because I am in April my Dad is in June and my Mum is in November. Making it a tricky year for us! I don't know why my dad does not get it posted off and get the pass sent in the post, but he does not feel that works, anyone tried this before?I just wish to clear my main point that is, thorpe park do not have a good system for getting you 'in' the park! I don't see why they don't have annual pass booths/fastrack booths positioned around the park. It would make it easier for both me and Thorpe, they would not get the rush of people all at once and would mean that I could get on the rides alot quicker. Thorpe park surely you can simply give me a ticket like Chessington do?Just wish to confirm, I do not blame staff for the problem and I am not slaging thorpe park off, I am simply seeing it how it was when I went. I don't want to be causing a civil cyber war! ;)

Just a heads up the parks been packed over the past week and I guess it will be now untill the school trips are over.

Pretty normal for this time of year really.And school trips will end when schools go on summer holidays more or less. So that means, once school trips are over, it will be packed. So yeah, Thorpe to be packed till September...

Pretty normal for this time of year really.And school trips will end when schools go on summer holidays more or less. So that means, once school trips are over, it will be packed. So yeah, Thorpe to be packed till September...

Seemed to start abit earlier this year.From the TP site:

Please be aware on the 14th July we are expecting a high volume of guests

Good of them to warn on their site.

I just wish to clear my main point that is, thorpe park do not have a good system for getting you 'in' the park! I don't see why they don't have annual pass booths/fastrack booths positioned around the park. It would make it easier for both me and Thorpe, they would not get the rush of people all at once and would mean that I could get on the rides alot quicker. Thorpe park surely you can simply give me a ticket like Chessington do?

Because everytime this is tried, people refuse to leave Annual passes without having the picture taken and complain about having to go elsewhere. And you can get an annual pass from any of the sales units in the park.....If you don't want to wait in the queue, buy a ticket then get the price of it taken off the annual pass at the sales desk... simples

I'm thinking of going mid/early september like the 10th or something. Anyone know what the average queues will be like?

I'd imagine it won't be too busy because schools are back etc...but the 10th is a Saturday and seeing as it's the weekend, it could be quite busy. Most of the time you just have to brave it and go...but yeah, a weekday around that time would probably be a bit quieter...I'm planning on going on the 6th September. Fingers crossed :)

I'd imagine it won't be too busy because schools are back etc...but the 10th is a Saturday and seeing as it's the weekend, it could be quite busy. Most of the time you just have to brave it and go...but yeah, a weekday around that time would probably be a bit quieter...I'm planning on going on the 6th September. Fingers crossed :)

Well yeah, I actually planned on going on a weekday I just said a random date in sept :lol:So queues won't be long in sept week?How long for stuff like stealth, saw etc.

Queues are usually shorter in September as nothing really happens at Thorpe (school trips have just finished/Sun Scream is over by the end of August) so you can expect September to be quite easy-going on the queue front, no guarantees though - I've been twice in September and once the queue for Saw was about 15 minutes and the other time it was 50 minutes. :blush:It also helps if you avoid Colossus and Saw if you arrive first thing as most visitors run straight to them, so it's best if you start with Nemesis inferno or Detonator and work through Amity Cove and then back to the Lost City.

I went today and it wasn't particularly busy, longest queue was 60 minutes and that was for Colossus. Got on 12 rides by 3pm when we left because the amount of rain was horrendous I was forced to buy a poncho. Was pleased with the amount of rides and the atmosphere was rather pleasant, ride operators were having fun in operating and using the microphones in the operation booth to speak to riders and I had a good day in general. The park still doesn't close for another hour but couldn't find another 4 hours of rain, there was so much. When we left, a lot of people prior had left also, and queue's for SAW and Colossus were 15 minutes.

Approx q times on 7th Sept?

That's my mum's birthday lolMost schools will be back by that time so should be alright I think. Wednesdays are normally a good day to go because its mid-mid-week. So to quote Mark9 - "Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal"Hope this helps

That's my mum's birthday lolMost schools will be back by that time so should be alright I think. Wednesdays are normally a good day to go because its mid-mid-week. So to quote Mark9 - "Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal"Hope this helps

Yes thanks very much.I just wanted someone to confirm to me that it could be quite quiet. I'm really hoping it is and I can go on everything loads :closedeyes:

I went today and it was empty :closedeyes: We got on Stealth 6 times in a row in the last half an hour there, and we did Colossus, Nemesis Inferno and Saw (the ride and alive) 3 times as well as all the flats except Detonator and Slammer. Plus we didn't buy a single fast pass! The weather was awful and the Stunt Show was called off at the 04:00pm showing but the motor cross riders were available for autographs and stuff. Over all great day and if the weather is like what it was today for the next few days, I'd imagine it would be the same for them. :P