Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Does anyone know why the queueline of Studio 13 is playing My Bloody Valentine music?  It sounds good outside MBV but doesn't suit Studio 13 at all, they would have been much better off keeping the old music, or at least using something else as having the same music on both mazes is just dull.

Potentially the only other time I'm gonna be able to make it down is this Saturday but by the sounds of it, it's gonna be heaving so should I even bother?

As long as you are fine with queuing it's up to you Ruby - Won't be as busy as next weekend (or the weekend after) but if you've been already, you could go and just do the stuff you want to do again!

I'm actually nervous to go on saturday because I feel like we wont get everything done!

Get there early and do all your chosen rides in the morning. Then at around 2:30 go and queue up for the maze you want to do most, meaning you will be one of the first in(apart from hoards of fastrackers ahead, I experienced this on saw alive last year). Then you have a bit of time to do one or two mazes before about 6:30-6:45 when I suggest going to Blair witch(find out beforehand whether it will open at 6pm or 7pm on the night and arrive there 15-30mins earlier). If you do this well you will be able to get on at least 3/4 mazes and might have time for a couple of night rides. Don't worry, there is time if you plan you day well!

Without fastrack and RnR active it will be very hard to get all the mazes done.

Oh please. I forgot about RNR but just book an early time slot at around 2pm for your favourite maze then do the same for Blair witch. You will be able to do some extra rides while waiting for mazes as well so theoretically you should be able to get everything done if the system is running well.

You won't be able to book a place in the virtual queue until the mazes open.

You'll be easily and to get ask the mazes done. With the standby queues operating, you could quite possibly queue up for a maze before hand normally, at 3pm choose your first virtual slot and get 2 mazes done within 20-30mins I bet. If you're lucky, I reckon you could do the four mazes by 5-6pm, depending on how busy it is of course.

Has anyone been able to print fright night tickets at home???? Only option is collect at attraction... That could be a serious time waster.

It didn't give me the option to print at home either, was stood in the line until 10:30 as the windows didn't open until 10 and they only opened 3 of the 8 windows while I was waiting! Huge time waster!

There were so many groups being turned away at the turnstile because they didnt know they had to pay extra for FN as well, was surprised by this considering the warning that is given by the park...

I'm going to ride all rides I can get on during the day, but I'm not really bothered about them because they are there all year. So I will wait at about 2ish at saw alive then in the saw queue book our RnR tickets for my bloody valentine and Blair witch and then just do the mazes.

It didn't give me the option to print at home either, was stood in the line until 10:30 as the windows didn't open until 10 and they only opened 3 of the 8 windows while I was waiting! Huge time waster!

There were so many groups being turned away at the turnstile because they didnt know they had to pay extra for FN as well, was surprised by this considering the warning that is given by the park...

Thanks! What day was this and what time did you arrive on park?? This is so irritating, ive looked into it and apparently its only annual pass tickets that have to be collected, standard tickets can be printed at home.

If you turn up later in the day (say around 12:30), you'll find the queues for the ticket offices are a lot shorter.

DId you do this this year? what day? going on a Saturday- would that be busier at the ticket office later in the day as well as in the park?

Thanks! What day was this and what time did you arrive on park?? This is so irritating, ive looked into it and apparently its only annual pass tickets that have to be collected, standard tickets can be printed at home.

This was the Sunday just gone - I arrived and got in the ticket collection queue at 09:45. Very annoying as it'd speed a lot of people up and take more pressure off of the staff at the ticket collection windows

DId you do this this year? what day? going on a Saturday- would that be busier at the ticket office later in the day as well as in the park?

When I went on Saturday, I arrived at approximately 12:40, and the entrance plaza was pretty deserted - save for the few people in the queue for their tickets. After joining the queue, I was able to acquire my ticket in less than 10 minutes (namely due to the fact multiple ticket offices were open).

This was the Sunday just gone - I arrived and got in the ticket collection queue at 09:45. Very annoying as it'd speed a lot of people up and take more pressure off of the staff at the ticket collection windows

When I went on Saturday, I arrived at approximately 12:40, and the entrance plaza was pretty deserted - save for the few people in the queue for their tickets. After joining the queue, I was able to acquire my ticket in less than 10 minutes (namely due to the fact multiple ticket offices were open).

Thanks for the help! Just got to decide what to do now haha xD

It has just occured to me (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that Cabin in the Woods seemingly uses less than half of the space previously occupied by Hellgate.  I say this because the actual exit of the maze is less than halfway across the side of the building, and the maze never seems to extend past that at all.  Could this mean that a lot of Hellgate is still there?

Thought I would share a video and some images from the event. Went last Sunday, although the rain was abysmal in the evening it was a great event. I do have to say that Blair Witch was one of the strongest attractions this year but I felt really let down by CITW, just didn't seem to flow well at all. Studio 13 was also very good, a strong maze and felt fresh against mazes such as Saw: Alive.

14908119264_d6069fcba3.jpgFright Nights 2014 by ThemeParkMedia, on Flickr

Has anyone been able to print fright night tickets at home???? Only option is collect at attraction... That could be a serious time waster.

I went on Sunday (12th) And booked the tickets about 1 week in advance and the only option was to collect at the gates.

However, My mum decided to go the night before so we booked the ticket online and it gave us the option to collect at the gates or print at home...

Hope this helps, Have a good day!