Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

The resort's new horror movie maze Studio 13 features scenes across 11 blood-splattered rooms.

Clearly whoever did this article obviously hasn't been in Studio 13 because:

1. As Coaster Jamie correctly said, it's not THAT intense

2. It does NOT have 11 rooms! (meaning they must've got S13 confused with CITW)

3. Since when was there any 'blood splattered' on those dire black walls?

Has there been any sort of nod to You're Next at all in park? Asides from signage.

Not even appearing in signage any more (unless there's one I missed!); the You're Next character was cropped out of the main promo image and the logo no longer appears on posters either.  Can only assume it was the plan for a long time that they wouldn't return this year!

Does anybody know from experience, or just knowledge, what day in the half term will be the least busy? or after that until the end of fright nights, not inculding the 1st+2nd of November??

I originally planned to go the weekend just gone, then that got cancelled, so I planned this weekend coming up, but that's also been cancelled so now ive got myself into a situation where I sort of have to go after the 26th.. so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Just want to throw it out there, Studio 13 probably has 11 'rooms' without you realising, if you consider the corridor (1), reception (2), make-up (3) *forgotten everything in between* Motel (4), end corridor (5).

Also the end corridor is definitely blood splattered ;)

And also I think it's down to personal opinion. Like I said earlier (admittedly never having been in Asylum) I didn't understand the fuss over Cabin as, whilst I wasn't leading my group, we had no real interaction from actors and that we did just didn't do anything for me. Whereas Studio seemed very heavy in comparison, and to be frank I didn't know a thing about the ending so I pushed kids out the way and was the first out the door :P

Does anybody know from experience, or just knowledge, what day in the half term will be the least busy? or after that until the end of fright nights, not inculding the 1st+2nd of November??

I originally planned to go the weekend just gone, then that got cancelled, so I planned this weekend coming up, but that's also been cancelled so now ive got myself into a situation where I sort of have to go after the 26th.. so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Past 2 years I've been on Nov 1st and 2nd and it has never been too bad, but bear in mind that at the time I think they were Fridays- now they are a weekend! Halloween would obviously be the worst day and perhaps the day before. Thorpe have once said on twitter that- in general- Tuesdays and Wednesdays tend to be the quietest in the week. Though that wasn't specific to fright nights I don't see why it wouldn't apply!'

Just passed round the Arena, there seems to be a cover over some of MBV's containers. Will take a picture later.

Apart from that, Samurai is dead, no train on Flying Fish, and most rides on 5 min queues, apart from Stealth and Swarm, at 45 and 35 minutes.

Just passed round the Arena, there seems to be a cover over some of MBV's containers. Will take a picture later.

Apart from that, Samurai is dead, no train on Flying Fish, and most rides on 5 min queues, apart from Stealth and Swarm, at 45 and 35 minutes.

I assume RnR is trialling today??? Let us know how it all pans out on the mazes tonight, still debating bothering to go tomorrow if RnR really ruins it :/

RnR seems to be ok at the moment, however that is down to not many people on park and it has only just started. Currntly longest RnR queue is 8 minutes. You may be alright with RnR as no one uses it at first so you will be able to get on a lot in the first hour.

Update: 2 mazes are completely full while the other 2 are at 1:30hr. Not looking too good.

It's not that bad. You have to remember most people don't know what it is or don't know how to use the system in the first place. Just looking now everything is under 90mins on RNR with studio 13 and saw under 10mins. I reckon it's actually a positive thing this weekend if used as most people won't have a clue what's going on meaning a higher rides count. 90mins for a maze anyway is actually pretty low.

As it's running today... I feel so sorry for people going the weekend with it, it just is an utter failure in my eyes - and they've tried enough, I think they should just give up, plus the idea to rule it out across the park on the main rides just isn't going to work as there is not enough to do, I love thorpe park, but this is seriously ruining the experience for me.

Let them know that. They are in this illusion that everyone thinks it is perfect when the reality is far from it. It will never work no matter what they try. They need to let the idea die.

Yeah it keeps glitching, so things are becoming unavailable then no queue, its alternating between the two.