Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

I meant that reply for marc but I'm willing to put tweeting at them and being at the park today at about level. I hate RnR after the 3 trails ive been to I refuse to go ever again with it active. The last 2 years ive been to thorpe a lot and the rides are no longer something special, especially after going to america. Customer service is awful and I dont like horror mazes.

Whilst you was sat at home slagging them off I sss at the park using the system you keep saying Is a failure, If it wasn't for the system I wouldn't have got on half the mazes I would have done - I don't see how you can argue with that?

What if everyone had been using it though? Do you think you would've got on all the mazes then?

It can't be deemed a success when all it is atm is free Fastrack... What about those stood in the normal queue and their experiences of it? Or is it a case of tough taters for them as they're not using it?

What if everyone had been using it though? Do you think you would've got on all the mazes then?

It can't be deemed a success when all it is atm is free Fastrack... What about those stood in the normal queue and their experiences of it? Or is it a case of tough taters for them as they're not using it?

I guess thate the million dollar question - with everyone using it you would expect the virtual queues to be longer - but on the flip side the allocations would be significantly higher than they can be with a standby queue.

Personally if I was Thorpe after these trials I'd stick it on one maze and make it the only way to get on that attraction - do fastrack through it too, then they will get a true idea of how it will work.

It's not so great for anyone without a smartphone who will find themselves forced to use the much longer standby queue (which is part of the reason why I'm not there this weekend).

It will be far busier today, so we'll have to see how well it copes with more people trying to use the system.

Lastnight on the Blair witch project I got rift up to the shed... Everything going great... And then all the safety lights came on and the quietest speakers said something had gone wrong and carry on walking to get out, so then we walked right through the shed with the actors just stood there chatting to us, pretty funny overall, didn't see how the shed could be scary as there was only 2 actors stood there!

I guess thate the million dollar question - with everyone using it you would expect the virtual queues to be longer - but on the flip side the allocations would be significantly higher than they can be with a standby queue.

Personally if I was Thorpe after these trials I'd stick it on one maze and make it the only way to get on that attraction - do fastrack through it too, then they will get a true idea of how it will work.

Everyone who must have been in that '60minute' studio 13 wait must have waited at least 90mins due to RNR and fastrack in operation if not more.

The problem with putting it on ONE maze is virtually everyone will book it who is on park whilst doing other things, meaning that the queue for it virtually could easily get up to 5hours+ for it.

As I've said time and time again, Thorpe need to bite bullet and try it with no standby queue. It's how the system was designed to be used, and creating standby queues and whatnot makes the system more complicated. I possibly think I'd have got moot done last night if it wasn't for the standby queues.

Let's hope that next year (or later this year), they can give it a go and see if it works out!

RnR yesterday was pathetic! For the first few hours, and while it was working, all the rides were 'Ride now', despite then having to queue 45 minutes, which is ridiculous, the whole point of RnR is to not queue physically! RnR wasn't available on BWP, which was good! As the queue was only 25 minutes long!

Apart from that, massive improvements in CITW and in BWP which were so much better than last year!

You have way more faith in Thorpe park than anyone else does. The extra allocation was just system problems. Saw and s13 kept reseting to 0 minutes when they shouldn't have been so people like you were benefiting. I was watching it for a long time, citw and mbv were consistently at the 3 hour mark.

They don't care about customers at all. They justify all the complaints with "oh its a trail", when I was complaining at them on twitter I got a rather rude response (yes I know I was being annoying to them) but they are a company which should be taking the moral high ground and being kind to their customers to encourage them back rather than saying "oh aren't you charming". People will see that response and I don't think Thorpe will come away looking very good, sarcastic comments about a complaint.

Ive had enough with them, its highly unlikely that I will be returning to Thorpe anytime soon. I would prefer the extra 3 hours driving to go to alton or BPB.

You are such a serial complainer, does it not get tiring? If you really think it's that bad then don't go

I'm not going, that is what I just said. I only complain about things that are easy to get right and RnR for the very idea of it. All of my points are highly valid and at the moment I am quite concerned that the park I had been enjoying for years is about to get ruined by a stupid gimmick which makes things worse. 

Studio 13, first run through of the night. Started so well, ended very disappointingly! Hopefully it's improved next Friday as I heard it was better later on last night.

MBV is still awful. How that gets 5 star scare rating is the scary thing.

Saw Alive has new evil apparently. No idea where just seemed like a load of people shouting at me.

Cabin is cabin. Had such high hopes for this after last year but again it was just meh. Loved the costume that we voted for or whatever that was amazingly done but yeah. No spinning tunnel (well no spinning) just boring I thought.

Blair Witch exceeded expectations! Maybe my hopes were so low it couldn't get any worse. It was fun, raining and dark. Didn't hear the new ambient soundtrack though!

Roaming actors were like non existent in our experience. Saw them once all together on Swarm island. Saw Olly Murs more times (and his costume was better). 

Let's rethink this with new and improved views from last night!

S13: highlight of the night, did it twice and wow! Both times me and Jack went around as the only two with actors picking on us and interacting brilliantly! The strobes didn't seem as intense either so I could see the theming (and the lots of blood splatter). And being the only two the end corridor felt much better too. 

Being the only two people with a guy with a chainsaw chasing you is much scarier than being in a large group!

MBV: Slightly better, splitting of the groups was good and the dark corridor with no actors built some suspense (although I think there was probably meant to be an actor)

Saw Alive: Oh my. Pitiful. Police lady waved a toy gun in my face, pig mask person came up to me made a random noise which set me off in hysterics for some reason and that was it really. Oh and I hit a wall which was fun.

Cabin: Found the control room which was no where near as fun as last year, tunnel still broken, and you always seem to catch up with like 10 other groups so towards the end it gets very crowded.

Blair Witch: Got pinned against a tree as the actor did my hoodie up really tight, was good fun. Had to queue to get through the shed though but that was great as us Brits love queueing!

Roamers: 2 groups, red demon figure things which are just intimidating and I'm guessing the cult. The Cult are great with their variety of weapons and one guy has a teddy bear! 

Didn't see Olly Murs.

So better night maze wise. 

Studio 13 tonight... I queued for 3 hours 20 on r&R and then have to queue another 1 and a half hours to get in, its ridiculous, everyone around me tonight in families and chavs and groups are angry at everything here!

That is ridiculous!  Do they never learn?  After yesterday's fiasco I would have thought they would have the sense not to trial it today or tomorrow.  They are idiots.

Going to Thorpe tommorow so will be seeing RNR, which I hope works and is successful. If it's anything like the one hey did on the coasters in summer, it could work quite well.

Does anyone know how signing up for this system works when you're using it?

All you have to do is go to https://www.reservenride.com/ and sign up, unless you already have a login for the summer. You then put in how many people are in your group and you're done, just select which maze you want to reserve. 

Studio 13 was the worst tonight I believe though. Fastrack waiting time was 'at least' 60minutes, reserve n ride was 90-120mins after you had waited 5hours for your booking. And then the main queue was a 'garunteed' 3-4hours.

There was such a continually long line at guest services today, right from the word go. Thorpe needs go start trying to REDUCE queues instead of trying to MOVE them as all RNR does is move the queues and to be honest it makes everything much worse.

There was such a continually long line at guest services today, right from the word go. Thorpe needs go start trying to REDUCE queues instead of trying to MOVE them as all RNR does is move the queues and to be honest it makes everything much worse.

Not surprised to be honest. There were also a load of complaints on facebook tonight, they were telling everyone to go to guest services so they can discuss in more depth, and to properly give out fast tracks and make the queueing worse

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Even as VIP pass holder it was poor tonight, the amount of priority passes around was unbelievable (not that I have any issue with people being given them).

It's time guest services actually listened and actioned guest feedback instead of silencing people with priority passes!

Even we last week got issued priority passes proving the point that they don't listen and just want you out of the office.

Can I say I told you so yet. It will work like that when the real thing comes along, there is no solution to the problems they have. I feel sorry for anyone who was robbed to go into the park today. 

You can act less smug about it for a start. Some (like myself) have pointed out that a queueless theme park is a nice concept but will never work in reality, but only you have banged on about it consistently. 

Lastnight on the Blair witch project I got rift up to the shed... Everything going great... And then all the safety lights came on and the quietest speakers said something had gone wrong and carry on walking to get out, so then we walked right through the shed with the actors just stood there chatting to us, pretty funny overall, didn't see how the shed could be scary as there was only 2 actors stood there!

We were in the Blair Witch when it was evacuated too!'! You must've been just infront because we were just a little way back from the shed when the actors cAme out and told us to go back to the start and they'd send us through again! Glad they did because we had a fantastic run through once everything had been reset, actually the hi light of the night! And the shed is pretty scary if you don't know what to expect, fab jumps scares :)

A lady on storm surge was telling me about that at the end of the night. She said that the reason they got evacuated was because an actor had been punched or something along those lines. However, she said that it was brilliant they got a 2nd run so I guess that's the flip side of the coin of getting evacuated.

Earlier on in the night this happened to me in cabin aswell... The emergency stop button was pressed because a door was literally broken, it was half off its hinges. So the lights immediately came on and we all got evacuated by the actors, surprsingly through a route I had never been in before. We waited around 30mins and then we got to go again :D. Must have been not great in the main queue though as none of them were told that it had been emergency stopped and they were all waiting still thinking the maze was in operation. Would be nice if the staff actually told guests down the queueline what was going on....

My 1st and 2nd run in cabin were great however and we found the control room :D. However, on the first one it became extremely crowded and there were about 30 people all back in the main room at one point, everyone seemed to be going round in circles and then coming back to the main room. It got very congested and we could easily notice the actors were trying to direct everyone the right way subtly but failing. The control room was amazing though, not going to put spoilers out there but it was hilarious :lol:

PM if you want to know how to reach the control room and how to use it.