Cabin in the woods x2

Studio 13 x1

Quantum x2

Saw Alive x1

Rumba rapids x2

Storm surge x1

Total: 31

Pros:

-We were emergency stopped in cabin in the woods! Meaning we got to go a 2nd time! Found the control room as well, cabin was the best maze of the night.

-Rush and vortex in the dark were great. Really enjoyed them.

-Slammer was open!

That's about it...

Cons:

-'"Ride and reserve"(as the staff were calling it, even though that makes no sense) was an utter failure, was good at first as we did studio 13 and cabin in quick succession with no wait. However later on we had to wait 45mins for saw alive after a 2hour virtual wait and after a 5hour virtual wait for studio 13 we were told that there would be a 120minute further standby wait to get in, with fastrack queue at 60minutes and main queue at 4hours long.

-Samurai down all day.

-Coasters up to 120mins and never really came down, stayed around 60mins all day.

-There was cabin in the woods music playing in the X queueline.

-Storm turd got my feet soaked.

-Lack of roaming actors as there were more normal park guests scaring people than actual actors.

-Stealth kept breaking down.

-Mazes went up to 4hours in wait, at one point all mazes were 5hours virtual and 3-4hours standby queueing. When Blair witch opened it went straight to 3hours as well so didn't get a chance to do that.

-Swarm went straight to 120mins at 10am due to one train operation.

-Massive queue at collection building due to annual pass holders wanting to collect their tickets.

-Mazes were OK, don't think actors were putting their all into it.

-Friend got a wasp trapped in his pocket on quantum.

-Only half the cars were running on the Dodgems.

-No mist near tidal wave or stealth like last week.

-Fire and water effects off on swarm.

-Got denied to go on the good swing on rush as the lady said they swing at the 'same height' which she didn't even know what the height was. Apparently the reason they look different heights is because one swing goes faster than the other as well which caused a heated argument. Ended up riding swing B and was much worse than swing A.

-Got stuck at top of detonator as car refused to release and the tower started to shake and vibrate.

-No mist on inferno and was on one train operation meaning it went straight to 90mins.

-Massive queue at guest services all day due to reserve n ride being awful. There was a 30minute wait at one point for guests services.

So there's like no good points and loads of bad points, after visiting alton I'm really disappointed, will be back next Sunday and hope for better operations as they are really really poor.

Cons:

-'"Ride and reserve"(as the staff were calling it, even though that makes no sense) was an utter failure, was good at first as we did studio 13 and cabin in quick succession with no wait. However later on we had to wait 45mins for saw alive after a 2hour virtual wait and after a 5hour virtual wait for studio 13 we were told that there would be a 120minute further standby wait to get in, with fastrack queue at 60minutes and main queue at 4hours long.

-Samurai down all day.

-Coasters up to 120mins and never really came down, stayed around 60mins all day.

-There was cabin in the woods music playing in the X queueline.

-Storm turd got my feet soaked.

-Lack of roaming actors as there were more normal park guests scaring people than actual actors.

-Stealth kept breaking down.

-Mazes went up to 4hours in wait, at one point all mazes were 5hours virtual and 3-4hours standby queueing. When Blair witch opened it went straight to 3hours as well so didn't get a chance to do that.

-Swarm went straight to 120mins at 10am due to one train operation.

-Massive queue at collection building due to annual pass holders wanting to collect their tickets.

-Mazes were OK, don't think actors were putting their all into it.

-Friend got a wasp trapped in his pocket on quantum.

-Only half the cars were running on the Dodgems.

-No mist near tidal wave or stealth like last week.

-Fire and water effects off on swarm.

-Got denied to go on the good swing on rush as the lady said they swing at the 'same height' which she didn't even know what the height was. Apparently the reason they look different heights is because one swing goes faster than the other as well which caused a heated argument. Ended up riding swing B and was much worse than swing A.

-Got stuck at top of detonator as car refused to release and the tower started to shake and vibrate.

-No mist on inferno and was on one train operation meaning it went straight to 90mins.

-Massive queue at guest services all day due to reserve n ride being awful. There was a 30minute wait at one point for guests services.

So there's like no good points and loads of bad points, after visiting alton I'm really disappointed, will be back next Sunday and hope for better operations as they are really really poor.

Pretty much all true except mist was in fact working on stealth after dark, fire and water effects were on swarm when I was there, inferno ran two trains towards the end of the night and was a walk on and Blair Witch was also a walk on after 9pm. But yeah stealth broke down 3 times while we were queuing for it so we eventually just left, was a nightmare! It was like they weren't actually fixing the issue properly each time -_-

I went last week and found the same regarding coasters on one train operation- particularly in the morning.

With engineers working such long days I wouldn't be surprised if they're having less staff in first thing to have the coasters ready and then handing over the second trains once more engineering staff arrive?

Probably the reasoning behind opening the water rides later too- Less demand early in the day so kinda makes sense if there are less engineers/staff in early on

Pretty much all true except mist was in fact working on stealth after dark, fire and water effects were on swarm when I was there, inferno ran two trains towards the end of the night and was a walk on and Blair Witch was also a walk on after 9pm. But yeah stealth broke down 3 times while we were queuing for it so we eventually just left, was a nightmare! It was like they weren't actually fixing the issue properly each time -_-

Haven't seen Stealths mist since the start of the season!?

I went last week and found the same regarding coasters on one train operation- particularly in the morning.

With engineers working such long days I wouldn't be surprised if they're having less staff in first thing to have the coasters ready and then handing over the second trains once more engineering staff arrive?

Probably the reasoning behind opening the water rides later too- Less demand early in the day so kinda makes sense if there are less engineers/staff in early on

This is what is dreadful though. It does NOT make sense. A 120minute queue at opening is not justifiable because staff haven't arrived yet and one train operation. This queue then doesn't go down all day meaning there is no chance to ride the swarm with no queue.

At alton towers on an OFF PEAK day I experienced at least two trains on all rollercoasters with smiler, Rita, th13teen, nemesis and spinball all on full capicity(air on two trains, oblivion on 4 shuttles). Despite at times these rides were walk on, the teams continued to operate full capacity as they knew if they were to go down to one train a long queue would build up. Thorpe are dreadful on their operations, they need to follow in the footsteps of alton, one train operation on off peak days and in mornings leading to massive queues is not justifiable.

May I also take the time to mention that slammer was closed a few weeks ago due to not enough staff to operate it. Thorpe really need to pick up their operations as it feels like they are getting worse.

Just to point out that when I went on the 17th and 18th of October almost all of the catering outlets were still not open by 1200 and some were still not open by 1400. I know this is not as damaging as ride queues due to understaffing and I don't know what the reason is for such late openings but not having the catering outlets open by lunchtime is ridiculous and extremely frustrating for the guests who buy food from the park. Canada creek had no stores at all open before 1300 on both days!

I went on the 12th on a Sunday didn't queue longer than 60 mind for any maze and got on them all at least once certain twice. All coaster done and none over 20 mins after 8. RnR isn't needed it is fine as it Is. Overall when I went the event was ok. Mass was decent but lacked any real scare factor. Also a lot of well... how to mention it... rowdy, horrible people The the park. We saw 2 fights. I'm sticking to local farm and such fright attractions next week.

Just to point out that when I went on the 17th and 18th of October almost all of the catering outlets were still not open by 1200 and some were still not open by 1400. I know this is not as damaging as ride queues due to understaffing and I don't know what the reason is for such late openings but not having the catering outlets open by lunchtime is ridiculous and extremely frustrating for the guests who buy food from the park. Canada creek had no stores at all open before 1300 on both days!

Yet another problem which needs resolving. On Saturday we had to go and do the teacups AND rumba rapids after 12pm as we were waiting for the fish and chip shop to open. A lot of people are having lunch by 12:00 so the outlets should really be open by 11:30 or 12 at the absolute latest.

I went on the 12th on a Sunday didn't queue longer than 60 mind for any maze and got on them all at least once certain twice. All coaster done and none over 20 mins after 8. RnR isn't needed it is fine as it Is. Overall when I went the event was ok. Mass was decent but lacked any real scare factor. Also a lot of well... how to mention it... rowdy, horrible people The the park. We saw 2 fights. I'm sticking to local farm and such fright attractions next week.

Sunday the 12th was one of the less busy days of this years event. The Saturdays and half term week are painfully busy. So busy that's it's virtually impossible to get all the major mazes and coasters done unless you have done some serious planning before hand and get there before opening and leave after closing.

Also, I think the park needs to sell less alcohol. I know it's not going to happen but we were accused by drunk men of queue jumping and they started continuously attacking me for queue jumping the storm surge queue, even though there wasn't one. I know it shouldn't have, but it did get to me emotionally so luckily I had some really kind people in my storm surge boat who cheered me up. Think this needs to be controlled as the amount of drunks on park and the amount of fights which take place is beyond control.

Also, I think the park needs to sell less alcohol. I know it's not going to happen but we were accused by drunk men of queue jumping and they started continuously attacking me for queue jumping the storm surge queue, even though there wasn't one. I know it shouldn't have, but it did get to me emotionally so luckily I had some really kind people in my storm surge boat who cheered me up. Think this needs to be controlled as the amount of drunks on park and the amount of fights which take place is beyond control.

Both nights I went I was drinking, the Friday night I heard rumours of fights and lots of actors being punched but I never saw anything so I can't say thats 100% accurate. However on the Saturday when I bought alcohol some of the vendors were writing some information down onto a clipboard with my date of birth and what I was buying and some other stuff. This might just be a form of stock taking but because he wrote down my d.o.b it might be them trying to limit the amount of alcohol they sell or at least to have an idea of the quantities sold. Just an observation. ;) btw Stella Cidre.... Top notch. :D

It was coming out of the truck by the entrance Saturday night, we took a photo if you want a link :)

I didn't see but I just realised that I wasn't around stealth for most of the evening, it wasn't coming out of the tidal wave truck like it did on preview night though.

Both nights I went I was drinking, the Friday night I heard rumours of fights and lots of actors being punched but I never saw anything so I can't say thats 100% accurate. However on the Saturday when I bought alcohol some of the vendors were writing some information down onto a clipboard with my date of birth and what I was buying and some other stuff. This might just be a form of stock taking but because he wrote down my d.o.b it might be them trying to limit the amount of alcohol they sell or at least to have an idea of the quantities sold. Just an observation. ;) btw Stella Cidre.... Top notch. :D

In Blair witch project on Saturday, an actor was punched by a drunk person in the walkthrough. It's not bad when some people have the alcohol, it's just when it gets out of control and fights and things happen. It definitely should be limited and I'm also really annoyed at the storm surge staff as they let the drunk men take their beer on with them?? Seriously what were the staff thinking!? Also just to add to my report, storm surge was doing an alternate car operation all day meaning they sent every other one empty, not good for throughput ehh?

Sometimes it might not always be someone who's drunk (although by the ride/attractions rules and regulations, those under the influence shouldn't be allowed to ride), it can just as regularly be someone who reacts to being jump scared by flailing an arm or two and catching the actor right in the nose with some force...

Review of tonight:

Cabin in the woods:6/10

Average, I did not find it scary and thought that it was basically straight in and out with the reoccurring theme of actors blocking you off rather than scaring you.

Saw alive: 5/10-

Too be fair it was a bit boring seeing as halve the props don't work and actors just walk up and down, not really acting.

MBV -6/10

A definite step back from experiment ten. Although you could now see all the setting which was quite nice it just felt rushed from beginning to end and lacked intensity.

Studio 13- 7/10 

Good acting and enjoyed the bit where you line up and the actors stare you down seeing as this was the only part of the night where I actually felt intimidated. However I much prefer the strobing of Asylum and it's layout. The maze felt to wide and roomy in a way. Maybe it's just that I miss the Asylum and actors moving from scene to scene but the actors just weren't scary they just looked like normal Thorpe park staff in a way. 

BWP - 8/10 

They must of seen last years queues and thought wow we really need to make this attraction better and wow they did a great job! Falling back from the group me and my mate did this maze on our own and the actors were great hoping out when least expected. At one point I either scared an actor or my reaction to her sent her into a laughing fit. The finale had greater intensity and overall it was a great attraction! defiantly the strongest this year/!

Overall it was very crowded for a Friday night with 2 hour min queues for mazes, luckily we had my friends yellow band however I am reconsidering going again next week to stand in 2 hour long queues for weak attractions. The roaming actors seemed fun but apparently you cant take selfies with them.

I would rate this years event 5/10. I believe fright nights is becoming over hyped and just way too crowded. I can't imagine what it will be like tomorrow seeing as it was probably over capacity (if such a thing) today.