New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

In ten years time, lots of rides will be at the end of their life cycles. I don't believe for a minute that Colossus or Saw can last much longer beyond 2024 to be honest and Vortex, Zodiac, Quantum, Slammer and Samurai will be long gone by then in my opinion.

Rides can last a lot longer than you think if they are looked after well.  Colossus and Saw will only be at the end of their lives in 2024 if Thorpe don't maintain them.  Oh wait...

With that argument there won't be a park left in 2024  :lol:

In terms of sizes I know Legoland's 150, Towers is 500 and Blackpools 42 acres.

No idea about Chessington's size but with Zufari taking around 20 and the rest I'd say about 90.

I think Thorpe is no bigger than Blackpool pleasure beach so doubt actual patk space/land is more than 40 (excluding car park, lakes and up accessible areas and islands).

Rides can last a lot longer than you think if they are looked after well.  Colossus and Saw will only be at the end of their lives in 2024 if Thorpe don't maintain them.  Oh wait...

With that argument there won't be a park left in 2024  :lol:

Isn't that really my point CJ, Colossus in particular doesn't get the attention it needs and I don't just talk about the paintwork. I know rides can last beyond 22 years at a park though, I've done enough rides to know that. Hence why I have no concerns about Inferno and The Swarm lasting another 30/40 years. It's the lesser roller coasters that have the problems.

Which other rides do you think, will fit great into Thorpe

I think a starflyer or windseeker, but mostly starflyer would be a great move for the park

They also have a turquise and white one in London central

A dolphin show would be pretty cool

I went to THORPE PARK Resort some days ago, and when I was in the fast track line for Saw, I saw a place with a lot of machines

It was behind Stealth and The Swarm

Edited by Guest
Merged!

Choices of coasters I'd most like to see for Thorpe's next big addition.

1/ RMC with lots of air time

2/ GCI woodie flooded with air time

3/ Mack launch filled with air and hang time

4/ B&M hyper induced with a great level of air time

5/ vekoma Runaway Train style coaster- lots of helixes and maybe a some air time

This post became a little bit airy, ;)

I think that era has long gone, pal! :P Tbh bobsleds are so 60 years ago.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=8109

So out-dated...

May the court also know that Mack Bobsleighs were an invention of the 80s, only half of the apparent 60 years ago they existed in...

A Gerst Bobsled doesn't have the throughput to be a suitable choice of investment for Thorpe though...