New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

wouldn't it be fair though to have 2 investments, one for family (fish retheme) and new flat ride (for the thrill seeker / up for it families)... realistically I would say fish stay where it is, but as it's closed now I don't really see why unless they got plans to take it out of working order and then to move it... alternatively wasn't there the topic about flying fish closing early ready for maintenance for when the resort attempts february half term opening (which suggests fish wouldn't be rethemed/moved)... I know it's all rumours and hope I'm not reading too much into it

So next year we're getting Fish moved for a second time with a retheme...

This is top tier theme parking right here...

Also, was Scorpion Express really a success? Given that Chessie's figures don't tend to fluciate wildly, and a lot of visitors probably didn't turn up last year because the park was dreadful and pointless...

How INCREDIBLY short sighted was it installing the Fish in it's new location and then moving it again in a few years time - especially considering the Fungle site has been derelict for ages.

How INCREDIBLY short sighted was it installing the Fish in it's new location and then moving it again in a few years time - especially considering the Fungle site has been derelict for ages.

Fungle Safari closed in 2008, that'll be why Fish wasn't moved there when it reopened after the move...

If Thorpe are really gonna start taking their events seriously (which they clearly are with the amount of entertainment they hosted this year) its about time they erected a permanent stage. If they can start hosting bigger and better concerts, it could become a massive source of revenue for them and also increase hotel occupancy.

I know its not the most exciting thing in the world for enthusiasts, but its something that I think is important for the parks sustainability in the long run.

Let's get real here. Everyone knows that Tussauds wanted to build a Zac Spin on Fungle's site they just never got round to it. Merlin were in the process but shelved the plans. Now they're clearing trees in the site but not taking out the stumps it is obvious, an RMC Zac Spin because undoubtedly they will eventually make one! It'll duel as well, so we'll get the first track next year and the second one in 2016. Simple. 

Or maybe they're just clearing the trees to start their own paper manufacturing.

I think considering the park is now a "resort", more table-service restaurants are needed.

I haven't stayed in the Shark Hotel yet but I think the only table-service outlet available to resort guests after hours is Bar 360? And that's a bar.

If I'm saying overnight or even for two nights, I'd love a small choice of restaurants in which I can just relax without having to get up and down to visit a bar. 

Building a whole new building seems like a highly inefficient way of doing that though. They could easily convert the Calypso BBQ into a full service restaurant. Also, keep in mind Pizza Hut is being booted out at the end of this year too, so if they were that desperate, they could turn it into an actual restaurant rather than a Pizza Pasta buffet. They have more than enough food outlets for it to not matter if they lost one.

^ No they don't though tbh.

The BBQ isn't open until late for hotel guests, and the food there is fairly similar to Bar 360... (Fries, Burgers, Salad, Chicken etc)

Thorpe Park doesn't have the selection of good food a resort needs. I don't want to live off pub/theme park food for 2 or 3 days if I'm a hotel guest.

Besides the Calypso BBQ is a long walk from the Hotel, as well as it not being open late. It's also outside. In October, if I was a hotel guest looking to try something new at the BBQ, I wouldn't want to sit there in the cold whilst I eat a quickly-cooked meal on a wooden bench.