New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

The scorpion express did show that people will turn up for a retheme, having all of the family rides in one place could be useful as it would be better for familys and open up the space the fish is currently in. Remove depth charge and the beach and then they have a massive area for multiple large investments. A large family coaster could go where the fish and the beach currently is which leaves the large coaster spots open for future investments, encourages more familys and still attracts people next year with little money spent.

Remove Depth Charge and the Beach (a family orientated ride and the beach is popular with families in the Summer) just to have all the family rides together? Uh.

If they want a family coaster, I really doubt they'd go for a Wild Mouse. 

It's old news. How would they market it? Even if it was a custom layout, those coasters aren't the most interesting in my opinion.

I get that they cater for families, but I don't think Varney would ever let one through.

Wild mouse coasters are such cliches these days, so many parks have them and few get over 500 pph in throughput (Chessington's is 300 and Legos was 500).

The following coasters would fit Thorpe IMO

Thrill

GCI woodie

RMC hybrid

B&M hyper, flyer

Mack launch

Family

Something like juvelin

Something like Fire Chaser express

Mack junior coaster

Zierer or intamin drop coaster

Among others

Ideally they will build another coaster, but we know merlin, so it will probably be some boring dark ride, or even worse, just another food outlet. We would already have seen the planning application if they were intending to build something big, so probably no coaster will be built by 2015. 

Coasters built by Merlin:

-Saw

-Th13teen

-Raptor

-Krake

-Swarm

-Polar X-plorer

-Smiler

-Flug der Daemon

-Gardaland 2015 coaster

Dark rides built by Merlin:

-Nemesis:  Sub Terra

-Ghost - The Haunted House (at Legoland Billund)

-Saw Alive and Krake Lebt (if you want to be pedantic)

So, "knowing Merlin", the easiest thing that they'll do is build another coaster with an easy gimmick chucked onto it! 

It's been half-known that there was nothing big coming to Thorpe for 2015 for a couple of years now.  And if there was, we would have seen planning permission a long time ago now, so it's no surprise nothing big is coming next year really.  There's basically no indication at all what we're gonna see next year, but if it's anything of a medium size, I don't expect it will open for start of season now anyway! 

Ideally they will build another coaster, but we know merlin, so it will probably be some boring dark ride, or even worse, just another food outlet. We would already have seen the planning application if they were intending to build something big, so probably no coaster will be built by 2015.

Question, are you saying you find dark rides boring as a whole or just Merlin's? As dark ride's themselves are probably the most immersive attractions you will find at a theme park. Dark rides (as well as log flumes and mine trains) are about the only attraction that entertains virtually everyone, which after all is the point of theme parks, entertaining large spectrums of people. If you say dark rides are boring, I suggest you take a closer look. Just see how many people come off Bubbleworks or Hex laughing at each other, enjoying the experience TOGETHER.

So yeah. Dark rides are fantastic and it is just the attraction Thorpe needs, one everyone can enjoy.

But they already have X

X isn't really a 'dark ride' in the sense of it being an attraction that it has to be indoors to serve its purpose.  X is just a roller coaster indoors with lights chucked on.  

If you were to take X outdoors, you've still got a (albeit tame) coaster.  If you were to take Hex outdoors, you've got a spinning drum in the middle of a pathway.  If you were to take Tomb Blaster outdoors, you've a boring car journey with guns.

X may be an indoor ride, but it's certainly shouldn't be Thorpe's dark ride.

Considering the quality of the theming on both Ghost and Sub Terra (internal for that one, obviously), it's strange that Merlin don't seemingly want to try and push on into dark ride side of things on a much larger scale...

Then again, I wouldn't trust Merlin to keep a large scale dark ride in working order for more than the first 5 minutes of it opening...

good lord I saw this last night and I think it would be a nightmare. It would break down every few seconds and how the seats rise up before moving could cause metal cracking quickly!

Would love to know why you believe that would be the case... The seat block moving up and down slowly wouldn't be the absolute cause of metal cracking, indeed, one would hope that the designers of the ride would be taking steps to ensure that that is not a potential problem...

But given that I can't actually find any information on the ride or indeed the manufacturer, I would say this is an unlikely candidate...

Would love to know why you believe that would be the case... The seat block moving up and down slowly wouldn't be the absolute cause of metal cracking, indeed, one would hope that the designers of the ride would be taking steps to ensure that that is not a potential problem...

But given that I can't actually find any information on the ride or indeed the manufacturer, I would say this is an unlikely candidate...

its not actually a real ride it was made for a funfair simulator game but some people popped it into rct3! I am not good on what makes a ride strong but it looks like this would have to be very strong :P if it was real it would be a mechanical nightmare since it would be a prototype and we all know prototypes can work well (like KMG XXL and rides like that) but they can break down a lot as well so it would be all down to chance :/

its not actually a real ride it was made for a funfair simulator game but some people popped it into rct3! I am not good on what makes a ride strong but it looks like this would have to be very strong :P if it was real it would be a mechanical nightmare since it would be a prototype and we all know prototypes can work well (like KMG XXL and rides like that) but they can break down a lot as well so it would be all down to chance :/

53-07.jpg

Great photoshopped image of a ride that apparently doesn't exist then...