New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

I'd imagine the newer models like Talocan would get a lot closer to 1000pph though, considering there's no additional lapbars, just the OTSR.

I would love one of these at thorpe, only if they had been implemented well though. Considering we have an amazingly themed one like talocan, thorpe would have to meet these standards to make it look any good :P

Funfairs can achieve higher throughputs seeing as they are selling more tokens than spaces on the rides, look at the start and end of the video. Even before the ride has come to a complete stop people are sprinting straight on to get a car on the ride!

Even if you put some jazzy fire or water effects or whatever on a top spin, it's still a top spin. They're not hugely popular rides, they're very common and any effects other than the jets of water to your face are likely gonna be lost on ride.

Thorpe could do so much better I think, even by adding nothing.

How would adding nothing be better than adding a flat ride that would be fun, and suck up some of the queues from the major rides and coasters?

And you say they're unpopular rides, yet Ripsaw always has long queues whenever I visit, and Talocan is one of the most popular rides at Phantasialand.

How would adding nothing be better than adding a flat ride that would be fun, and suck up some of the queues from the major rides and coasters?

And you say they're unpopular rides, yet Ripsaw always has long queues whenever I visit, and Talocan is one of the most popular rides at Phantasialand.

When I went on Bamk holiday Monday to Alton, there was noons in the queue for Ripsaw. I mean NO ONE. It wasn't shut either.

But that was the day when it was walk on for the Smiler, Nemesis and Oblivion.

Even if you put some jazzy fire or water effects or whatever on a top spin, it's still a top spin. They're not hugely popular rides, they're very common and any effects other than the jets of water to your face are likely gonna be lost on ride.

Not if you're on the front facing side of Talocan, those fire effects are :wub:

Top Spins are one of those rides though which always gain a crowd to watch it, rather than ride, and I can rarely be arsed with them when visiting any park... Even Talocan rarely gets a proper queue once you realise half the people down the bottom are actually just watching it...

What happened to the broad walk concept art we all saw? That would be a very nice touch with a helter Skelter, some carnival games and various other attractions. Would be a nice touch the the hotel meaning you could sit by the lake with a ice cream or something.

As for a new flat ride, I hope we get one as a new flat ride=a bigger excuse to get rid of storm surge.

What happened to the broad walk concept art we all saw? That would be a very nice touch with a helter Skelter, some carnival games and various other attractions. Would be a nice touch the the hotel meaning you could sit by the lake with a ice cream or something.

that was one of the 3(?) ideas they had... and went with the shark idea in the end, although I swear that was supposed to incorporate some sort of bar area? personally I did prefer the boardwalk idea, but it seems quite a lot of effort to put into considering how last minute it was done, and with the limit they have on rooms, would mean the shipping container rooms would have to be removed when/if the full hotel get's built.

that was one of the 3(?) ideas they had... and went with the shark idea in the end, although I swear that was supposed to incorporate some sort of bar area? personally I did prefer the boardwalk idea, but it seems quite a lot of effort to put into considering how last minute it was done, and with the limit they have on rooms, would mean the shipping container rooms would have to be removed when/if the full hotel get's built.

When they build the big hotel in 2018ish, are they gonna keep the Shark as a separate (discount)  hotel or are they going to demolish it?

When they build the big hotel in 2018ish, are they gonna keep the Shark as a separate (discount)  hotel or are they going to demolish it?

Hope they demolish it because in my opinion it's really ugly. When the full hotel is in place, they could put a nice little attraction of some sorts there to fill the area.

I just don't think chucking a top spin in the mix will suck up the queues that much.  

In my visits, Ripsaw is usually quiet, but given the small selection of flat rides AT has, it wouldn't surprise me if it does get queues - simply because it's something to do!  Also look at Rameses at Chessington; not exactly a popular ride and attracts more spectators than riders.  

Getting a top spin gives the park another 1.4m ride, which it doesn't really need, and is just another ride to spin you and get you wet, which it doesn't really need.  Top spins aren't exactly unique or overly exciting, and are hardly going to pull in crowds that much in my opinion.  Add nothing and just improve the park would be much better for the place.

^ Whilst I agree slightly, I think a well themed one would improve the park. 

In my opinion, it would draw crowds, but only if the theming is impressive (like Talocan). Plus if you have that dramatic theming, you then have your "killer image", as Varney would say. A ride that flips upside-down, has fire + water effects, and amazing theming would be easy to advertise. And more guests means more money for Thorpe Park, meaning they would benefit more than by adding nothing, unlike what you suggested :) And you said Rameses Revenge has short queues, well that's probably because the main audience of Chessington will rarely be interested in an intense ride like Rameses!

That's just my view though.

No one would visit Thorpe because of a Top Spin though... Not a big nor interesting ride in comparison to the other flats available already and not unique, even if they added theming to it...

As said, stuff aimed at the middle market should be Thorpe's prerogative right now, if they're intent on keeping the family market intact...