New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

That 90minute queue is NOT justified. Considering rameses is having ridiculously slow ops and a lot of restraint problems this year, that 90minute queue(if it actually existed), was due to the fact that each ride takes about 15mins. If you shifted that queue to ripsaw or another topspin, I would doubt that the length of that queue is more than 30-45mins.

I really doubt rameses was busy enough the warrant a 90minute queue though, when I go on a busy day it's never been more than around 20mins wait.

Can I just say that both Ripsaw and Rameses have been busy this year.

Ripsaw peaked at a 35min wait in July, and Rameses hit 90 during the Easter break.

Don't say these rides aren't popular! They just need the right weather!

So they need a certain element to happen for them to be popular. And what we're saying is that the amount of time taken to get on them means they are popular. Well lets build a clone of Tiny Truckers at Thorpe then if we're more interested in raw queuing numbers then actual ride quality. The obsession with top spins really baffles me. 

Its rather hard to keep the themed area's when someone goes and puts angry birds land in the middle of the largest area they had. Loggers leap area as I will now call it consists of 2 rides which are both dying and need some serious work. Slammer I have no idea where that belongs, its by itself as far as I can work out. Calypso quay is very hard to tell what belongs to it other than the rumba rapids which is in need of some serious serious work. I can see the rumba rapids getting an update but the return of themed areas is one I think they would struggle with.

I think themed areas are gone at Thorpe, other than Angry Birds and the Amity area around Tidal Wave I don't expect to see any cohesive themes kept, especially given that Saw and Swarm are both on their own.

A Top Spin is pointless for Thorpe when Chessington already as one and Samurai already gives a similar ride experience. They need to add rides for the 1.0-1.3m range so that younger family members who still want thrills feel welcome at the park too. and they still need a decent dark ride!

Been a long time coming really.  

The extension means the current 'outdoor' seating area will become fully enclosed, and there will be a further extension of outdoor eating on top of that (again, still under some form of cover).  There's been a lot of demand for more indoor seating (as seen with the extensions to the Mexicana Cantina and Stealth Diner), and this is just more of the same.  The application also states they're improving the entrances and exits to the building, which is nice.

Hopefully we'll see plenty of these little touch ups next season too.

Um guys?...

Approval of reserved matters for the erection of a single storey extension to teh south-west elevation fo teh existing 'Pizza Hut' restaurant and the installation of a new covered outdoor seating area.

Has this been hacked? :wacko:

Erection is a common term used when you construct something.

The spelling mistakes are likely down to someone not spell-checking their work however!

http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/images/other/2010mtdpcloseup.jpg

I just realised, the Nemesis Inferno workshop is due to be extended according to Total THORPE PARK and you can see on this map it is listed as "improvements". If it is to be extended that could account for the tagging of the trees and therefore not a new ride spot :?

The MTDP shows many things which might happen, but don't come to fruition.  According to some plans, the extension to the workshop would have occurred in 2011, which, of course, it didn't.  Could have been many reasons for that, or it might have been delayed.

Personally, I don't think it'll be happening any time soon, and I doubt that the tagging of the trees would be because of the extension regardless. :)