New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

(totally off topic, I know..) Is it coming back this season?

Don't think anything had been said either way yet.  Only thing that's been confirmed so far is that the event itself is being called Howl'o'ween now.. :P

From what I heard about it, I hope it does return!

The Beach section to be torn up and replaced with a very interesting activities type looking with loads of activities including wave rider twist and splash  a play area next to depth charge one like Trappers trail if anyone remembers. Or a more adult/kids friendly water park in which the Adults can swim and ride the slides so it is a place for all the family :)

Thorpe should use their partnership with Lionsgate as an advantage. The Hunger Games is a massive film, so why not make a ride/ roller coaster themed on that? It may bring out fans from the states, and maybe get actors from the films (Jennifer Laurence in TP!!) to go there. It sounds a bit far fetched, but it would be good. Also if there were to be that theme, you could have a flying coaster, so you can 'fly' like a mockingjay. 

And people might kill me for this, but if they want something cheaper, what about a simulator which is great for families (Lower height restriction etc)? I don't like them, but it is an option they might take. I also do not like their new family theme, as Chessie and Legoland are just down the road!

An Air Race to replace Zodiac.

Just looked them up - cool looking ride, but also looks a little tacky. Planes also don't fit in with the theme of Aztec city. You could have it in Calypso Quay and paint the planes to look like explorer planes.

My brother loves Zodiac though- he would literally scream if he saw it replaced.

They actually don't look tacky in person! Zodiac seriously needs to leave, it's either always breaking down or open and not even getting to vertical. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could go to Zamperla and make a custom shell that isn't a plane.

Any ideas for certain areas?

The Swarm - grenade shapes? Could be called 'grenade thrower'. Sounds weird and where would they have the space to put it in the Swarm area?

I sound so dumb.

They wouldn't put another attraction on Swarm's island - simply because there isn't enough space!

Lost City has always been a mish-mash of very loose themes and if Thorpe were to ever go back to themed areas, that'd be the most difficult one to sort out (certainly wouldn't envy the creative team that would have to do it!).  

I'd like an Air Race at Thorpe, but at the same time, the place has enough rides which spin, twist and flip you.  Would be a good ride for the current target market though, given it's only got a 1.2m restriction.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday from the Nemesis Inferno station on the other side of the access road I could see loads of now concrete breeze blocks stacked up, also there were surveyors all day around the outside of the arena taking measurements and I news talking to my VIP host who says the marking of the trees could relate to a ride as that area is "the most likely site for a new ride" however the ride is still only in the rumour phase. Also the island by SWARM isn't planned to be used for a while but its just been infilled so whenever they do they can almost skip a step in the construction phase and just start building