New For 2015

Just half-hoping it'll be the Dragon Falls revamp... :rolleyes:

I suspect they would have to put in an application for planning permission to do any work like that, and there isn't an application lodged to do so (yes, I am sad and checked - The last planning applications were for the re-theming of the RMT to Scorpion Express and the Amazu construction) so I suspect it won't be anything major. 

I just checked the application website, found this...

Extension of the existing Penguin Cove to accommodate a new seating area and, reconfiguration of the existing penguin enclosure, including alterations to public viewing areas, new entrance features, resurfacing, fencing and other associated planting.

So you'd be quite right to expect a new expanded Penguin area. The show upgrade would make sense too. Seems a bit weird for them to have a countdown just for that though?

Oh sorry, just remembered we're talking about Chessington so we'd be lucky to get the upgraded Penguin area and a new show.

Despite everyone's hopes and intentions on seeing a re-enhanced Dragon Falls next year, part of me thinks this won't be happening now, especially with the suspected new penguin show, enclosure enhancement and the fact that Skyway will probably need a fair amount of work done to it as well.

Also, the dragon tunnel is usually repainted every 2 years and as this was done last year, I reckon falls will be neglected for yet another year and won't be improved until 2016 (where we see the new improved falls).

It won't happen next year for sure, and with another refurb being done else where for 2016, I doubt it will happen the year after either, although it 'could' change (probably not as it's chessington after all)

Thing is, despite them advertising them 're-developing' it and then hiding all the signage to that 'fact', the GP haven't complained how bad it looks, so in their eyes there's no real need to do anything.

We can only hope there's a bigger long term plan, but as I said it's Chessington, so don't get your hopes up,

It can't just be the show and Penguin Cove. That wouldn't really justify a whole webpage and countdown would it? 

Its not as though they can't do it time wise either. Last year they managed to repaint the majority of two areas, build half a hotel, resurface an entire area, fix major fire damage, re-theme an attraction and build a new monkey area. Not to mention other, smaller refurbs. I'm sure altering a stage and adjusting animal attraction wouldn't be too much on top of retheming a ride elsewhere in the park. Its not as though they're lacking in budget.

Well sadly they are stuck with planning anything major, as much as Lego it seems. Therefore as much as the often talked about family coaster on the toadies site pops up, I fear that all we will see are minor additions like the pointless Amazu, animal enclosure and minor land updates (we haven't got a splash area outdoors yet), not to mention ride re-themes, which are more health and safety orientated than anything else.

In terms of this 'proposed' roller coaster plan, I'm just hoping they can creatively plan and work it out so that it doesn't have much obstruction to the park's landscape as the park seem pretty jammed up on building anything new/major currently.

I reckon the following could happen at the park ( should things go to plan).

2015- new show & penguin update

2016- major ride-retheme (presumably bubbles or tombs)

2017 major animal area refurbishment and possible ride update

2018 brand new ride (if they can get planning permission)

Just a guess, if falls isn't going to be touched for the foreseeable future, they may as well just build a new ride/s on the spot and area there.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.chessington.com/2015/penguins.aspx

Some penguin-themed rooms in the hotel are coming too.  Also looks like the penguin enclosure will contain a "walk through experience".

No doubt families with young-ish children will lap this up, as Madagascar is still a huge thing really.  So good at least that they're getting a new show.  However, this just doesn't entice me at all.

I'd be surprised if I end up visiting Chessington next year to be honest...