Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like calling Derren a magician is such a slap in the face. He's said time and time again he uses Psychology and suggestion rather than 'magic'.

I respect him so much for doing the things he does and admitting and accepting the science of it all rather than being all 'A MAGICIAN NEVER REVEALS...'

The human mind is very powerful

While I agree that it's a lot of psychology, I have also seen him hammer a nail into his nostril. That's a flat out magic trick.

His psychological stuff is pretty amazing though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I feel like calling Derren a magician is such a slap in the face.  He's said time and time again he uses Psychology and suggestion rather than 'magic'.

I respect him so much for doing the things he does and admitting and accepting the science of it all rather than being all 'A MAGICIAN NEVER REVEALS...'

The human mind is very powerful

But that's what magic has always been. Optical illusions, mind tricks, science. "The hand is quicker than the eye", and all that jazz and showmanship.

You will also find them in several hundred coffee shops all over the country. ;)

Yeah that's true :) but of you compare that photo to his other coffee photos it's likely that he didn't take it

This is one of his others, a nice China mug on a real wood surface.

CRWls15WoAA8YNv.jpg

The latest one is of a disposable cup on a grubby laminate surface

Black squares?

Merlin's marketing is just so bloody dreadful... Bet the accidental leak has caused a bit of a "quick we better announce it proper" movement...

The Smiler's marketing was pretty great, even when they had to deal with the delays. I have a bit of faith considering the head of towers marketing is now head of resorts.