Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

There has been talk that yesterday was one of the first instances the ride has run completely with no technical issues, and that Derren has requested one final change to the attraction (minimal). 

Again, taking this as a pinch of salt as staff have said this - although it's certainly intriguing?

I hope considering the delays they decide to scrap the mid week closures in September and October. I personally wouldn't dream of visiting during the school trip and summer holiday season, so it looks like I won't be able to ride it until September, where my options for visiting are severely limited at the moment. 

It certainly seems that way, it's hard to believe people when there is an entire lack of evidence. However, it's still interesting when something like this pops up - because then you can see if they're the real deal or not when the attraction opens! ;)

I'm sure Fastrack will be available soon enough, no need to worry. In all seriousness, if you don't visit during summer holiday season then that is your decision, you can't be angry with the park about that (although we'd all love for the park to be open all year of course).

At at the end of the day the ride won't be going anywhere, so although I can feel your pain - it's not as though it's a temporary attraction that'll be gone within a few months. :)

2 hours ago, Owen said:

I'm sure Fastrack will be available soon enough, no need to worry. In all seriousness, if you don't visit during summer holiday season then that is your decision, you can't be angry with the park about that (although we'd all love for the park to be open all year of course).

At at the end of the day the ride won't be going anywhere, so although I can feel your pain - it's not as though it's a temporary attraction that'll be gone within a few months. :)

Although a week after opening none of the effects will work and the actors will be gone ;)

Re: fastrack I've heard about a month hiatus before they start selling them

Considering its an actor lead experience I'm expecting them to keep it up - look at IAC, boring ride but it's kept its actors. They may loon glum in IAC, but with Ghost Train having such a dark theme we won't know other way! 

Smart merlin... 

In all fairness Merlin aren't bad with maintaining effects and actors in rides that rely on them and are very popular. Personally I think the best thing for Saw: Alive was to close it as it would loose it's FN appeal. Like I say IAC is still fine and as Marc posts, THE SWARM is still going strong! 

It's not a rumour, Merlin Magic Making fund, maintain and essentially warranty the ride for the first two seasons of operation. Including staffing costs for actors, etc. After that, the entire budget for running the attraction and the maintenance is handed over to Thorpe Park management, a different internal company with a different budget

Yes IAC will still be having its actors budgeted by MMM. Same when Saw had its actors for only 2 years, Sub Terra really struggled with budget after its 2 years were up, Galactica hasn't increased Alton's staffing costs during the cuts because the extra staff needed for the VR is funded independently for 2 years, etc

^If thats the case it dont mean its any worse / better under Merlins fund.

Swarm had budget cuts in its first season reducing it down to 2 members of staff on the platform and disabling the middle dispatch buttons - deffo not seen that since! 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic