Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Owen said:

There has been talk that yesterday was one of the first instances the ride has run completely with no technical issues, and that Derren has requested one final change to the attraction (minimal). 

Again, taking this as a pinch of salt as staff have said this - although it's certainly intriguing?

Where did u hear this too ?? 

The fact that Merlin Magic Magic (the people who mainly piece it together) are gone is a pretty good indicator that the ride may open soon...

Also, Theme Park Guide have posted that bin bags were believed to be added into the bins in the queue line. All I can think of is the amount of bin bags this ride will go through! :P 

The scan your ticket booths are likely for on ride photos, this can be confirmed as there are ticket scanning points where photo op's are speculated to be and where you buy you photo. 

I believe pluk was referring to the way Insider was adamant that there will be timed tickets and that we should believe them, essentially a form of confirming it. :)

I have no have to idea about timed tickets, but for now the only ones officially confirmed are for wheelchair users. :)

Looking at the spoiler image of the inside of the carriage I realised that there are no headphones to go with the headsets. This probably means that every rider will be hearing the same things in the carriage. So the 12 alternative experiences either share the same story (audio and narrations would be the same), or they happen at different times (I.e. everyone has the same version at any given time) OR the 12 different experiences don't happen in the train

Edit by Tom:  In future please use spoiler tags or place in the spoiler discussion found here 

Edited by Tom
Spoiler

3 hours ago, pluk said:

@Insider did, that's the words they used. Although they're not in a position to do so, so no, nobody did actually confirm timed tickets.

That's the point of my post.

Please,  let's not start this tedium again!

Sorry, misunderstood.

Seems odd if this tent is for timed tickets because Thorpe generally like seeing big queues on their rides so they can sell more Fastrack to the guests, so wouldn't this reduce Fastrack sales instead? :blink:

Either that or we could be seeing something similar again to Vampire in April 2015 where it only ran a 1 train operation and unless you made it to the ride's entrance before 10:15am just after the park opens, you couldn't get on it for the day as they sold out of time slots. Hopefully that won't happen if it does open this weekend as it will annoy a lot of people who arrive later into the park.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic