Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

I reckon the walking dead will replace platform, anyone taken a walk down monks walk recently?

If not miles there's something for your next vlog mate!

Thorpe just need to hurry up and release their full line up, I'll have no wifi for 3 weeks in Canada so need to find out asap what's going on this year.

So sorry for 3 consecutive posts but just imagine a full universal lineup:

walking dead

saw (re-done for jigsaw movie)

big top (re-done for it movie)

something unique like rings or AHS

and then a huge cult classic like elm street, texas chainsaw or Halloween 

I would be in love, like a mini HHN for us Brits

and if a mini HHN is the case, imagine the quality of the scare zones, they would be actual scare zones. Wow

I know how unrealistic this is but I like to dream

10 minutes ago, Jack said:

I reckon the walking dead will replace platform, anyone taken a walk down monks walk recently?

I highly doubt that they will do anything with Saw sadly. It should have something done to it, but it won't.

10 minutes ago, Jack said:

Nothing has been done to Platform. The train is still there and it looks completely untouched.

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

big top (re-done for it movie)

They better not do anything to Big Top :mellow: just have the actors use all the effects that weren't touched last year and it would be brilliant!

42 minutes ago, Jack said:

I would be in love, like a mini HHN for us Brits

Wasn't that essentially what happened in 2013 with the Lionsgate films, but it didn't quite work... ;)

Here's what Thorpe posted on Facebook...

Brace yourselves for even more screams as we collaborate with a global horror phenomenon in anticipation of FRIGHT NIGHT’s most horrifying year yet!

- New horror experiences

- Even more scares

- Darker than ever before

More details to be revealed soon. They are coming.

Basically we can infer:

-There'll be new stuff.

-There'll be more stuff than before.

-It'll be advertised as scary.

Can we have the full reveal please?

7 hours ago, Benin said:

Bet that Walking Dead maze will be like the one currently set up at Movie Park Germany...

Least Josh won't have to bother with it again ;)

I'm too much of a Thorpe fanboy that I'd HAVE to do it just to tick it off...  At least Thorpe actors growl at you, rather than just shout 'boo'...

Yes a bunch of great IP's like the Walking Dead would be great but the execution is key..

Lets hope if Thorpe aim big with the IP's, they do the same with theming and actors..

As HHN probably has a billion times the budget of Fright Nights..

Though, Merlin have gave us quality in Sub Species, Altonville Mine Tours, and even Big Top to a extent- so I could only hope they push the limits and give full effort if they did do a re-vamp this year!

Maybe Thorpe could actually beat Scarefest this year? Who knows? 

If they give us a intense and immersive maze like Sun Species, then I couldn't ask for anymore really.

Big Top and Saw Alive are confirmed to return, as they were mentioned on the website before the change, and also mentioned on the actor job description.  Platform 15 was all but confirmed to return in our interview with Show Services:

What we love about Platform 15 is its remote location, at the back of the park away from the rides and attractions. You really feel like you’re out in the middle of nowhere and that in itself is chilling, but making the experience truly terrifying is the real challenge, something that we are very focused on for 2017.

There's been no official confirmation on number of IPs though.

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

If they're saying more scared than before, does that mean 7 attractions?!?! Where the hell will they all go.

Remember that if the park were to introduce a scare zone (be that a 'proper' scare like Towers have introduced / seen all over in America or a 'Merlin' scare zone like Dead End), they would no doubt class that as an attraction.

13 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Remember that if the park were to introduce a scare zone (be that a 'proper' scare like Towers have introduced / seen all over in America or a 'Merlin' scare zone like Dead End), they would no doubt class that as an attraction.

Didnt even think of this, I'm sure they must be planning on at least one actual area of the park to turn into a scare zone, then if you include containment and the 5 usual mazes you've got yourself 7 attractions. 

I'm getting excited now

2 hours ago, Jack said:

Didnt even think of this, I'm sure they must be planning on at least one actual area of the park to turn into a scare zone, then if you include containment and the 5 usual mazes you've got yourself 7 attractions. 

I'm getting excited now

Personally I'd expect the park to have a large roaming area or whole park roaming based on this Walking Dead stuff. I don't see it being a maze personally.

EDIT: Still holding my breath for American Horror Story in Cabin.

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic