Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

Do you think containment will return as containment? Or as something else in its place?

because last Friday when I walked past it I noticed that all signage had been removed. Don't know if it was just so they could keep it nice for FN but just intrigued to know if anything is happening with it.

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

Do you think containment will return as containment? Or as something else in its place?

because last Friday when I walked past it I noticed that all signage had been removed. Don't know if it was just so they could keep it nice for FN but just intrigued to know if anything is happening with it.

Would be easy to put that new 'Worlds First' in there. Guess we'll wait and see.

From inside sources I've heard that replacing Containment will be "Katie Hopkins: the escape!" 

(Basically just being locked in shipping container with Katie Hopkins.. scariest thing ever)

Anyway back on topic- I really hope Merlin don't mess this up, if the IP is the walking dead then black felt walls or long unthemed tunnels (like what they pulled in Platform) really are going to look silly next to the high budget effort of Universal's take on the IP..

22 hours ago, Benin said:

Well, at least we know Thorpe can do such an experience then...

Are they finally building a high speed rail link to Chessington then? 

15 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

Anyway back on topic- I really hope Merlin don't mess this up, if the IP is the walking dead then black felt walls or long unthemed tunnels (like what they pulled in Platform) really are going to look silly next to the high budget effort of Universal's take on the IP..

I remember a lot of people saying that Thorpe would look terrible compared to Universal when both parks did the Cabin in the Woods maze.  But, at the time, people were impressed by Thorpe's effort and photos did make the two seem of similar quality.  And Thorpe's scare tactics are very different to Universal's, so the way they are received is wildly different.

As ever, any IP will have input into the quality of any attraction they're involved in.  So there might not be any room for Merlin to muck up. 

While I was at Thorpe Park yesterday; where Blair Witch is I saw alot of mini trucks with planks

of wood and metal, I believe heading down to loggers leap and platform 15 site whether its

for platform or loggers who knows?. But I think they've been clearing it out down there too

but I'm not too sure on that, has anyone gone down monks walk recently?.

57 minutes ago, Callum_ said:

While I was at Thorpe Park yesterday; where Blair Witch is I saw alot of mini trucks with planks

of wood and metal, I believe heading down to loggers leap and platform 15 site whether its

for platform or loggers who knows?. But I think they've been clearing it out down there too

but I'm not too sure on that, has anyone gone down monks walk recently?.

Thorpe park local have been posting updates from monks walk recently. They seem to be posting alot of fright nights news at the moment

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=473141623078639&id=349936782065791

1 hour ago, mrmatt said:

I've never watched it but am tempted to watch a few just so I know a little bit of the story before the maze 

Same I feel I will enjoy the attraction more if I understand it, cabin was definitely better the times I did it affect watching the movie

Mind the profanity in this clip folks, but for those with three minutes to spare, and a desire to not spend this Halloween scratching their heads, here ya go! Only objection to the whole video is Michonne being called out as the best, but I'll leave that debate there, wrong forum for that... :lol:

Also of note, your friendly service remainder that with today being the 29th of July, we have exactly two months to wait before FRIGHT NIGHTS commences!

This year is gonna be my first fright nights and probably my only one (because of how far I live away from thorpe) so I might only end up doing a couple of mazes because I also want to ride the coasters at night. So which mazes are worth doing? (I get that a few of them aren't coming back this year but I mean out of the ones that we know about like saw alive) and also does anyone have an idea of how busy saturday 7th will be? only day I can really go

This year is gonna be my first fright nights and probably my only one (because of how far I live away from thorpe) so I might only end up doing a couple of mazes because I also want to ride the coasters at night. So which mazes are worth doing? (I get that a few of them aren't coming back this year but I mean out of the ones that we know about like saw alive) and also does anyone have an idea of how busy saturday 7th will be? only day I can really go

Wait outside the maze you want to do the most around an hour before it opens. And wait till it's dark to do the big top.

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic