X

Garyy

Yeah we were discussing this in chat yesterday. The thing is how are people meant to buy things from a shop or buy a photo if they have already handed there bad in at the beginning.

Whilst I appreciate your point I think there could be ways around it. I personally have never left my wallet in a bag room or cupboard at a theme park, and I personally would consider it a minority that do. Also considering the 'Buy now, collect later' maybe there's an option to do this with the shop, where you can pick it up later in the day and pay for it later in the day. Regardless; if it was made into a shop I think it would do a fair trade; and if the merchandise was added into either Dome or even Megastore, it could be a good forced-showcase of stock?

On park today I asked the ride hosts that were managing the baggage area why it had been moved and they informed me that they found out that morning that there is going to be a photo kiosk where the baggage hold was in previous years.

Although there is one problem with this, if peoples loose items are in the baggage hold, how are guests going to pay for their photos ?

Thoughts on the new X...

Like it just as much as last year's X...I think. The new music is fine with me, the new lights are pretty cool. I noticed there was a couple of points along the track where it looked like 'track was missing' (I think due to how the lighting was rigged up) which was pretty amazing I though.

However, it's hard for to tell because there was a floodlight on in the ride area (above the airtime-esque hill after the second set of block brakes). It lit up half the pyramid, meaning that any lights in that area were not effective at all, and everything there was far too easy to see. However, the side of the area not lit up by the pyramid was quite dark and really quite cool to be in. Hopefully that'll be sorted soon.

Also, shout out to one of the awesome guys platforming. Full of energy, life and kept everyone entertained; just the sorta staff needed for X!

One thing I noticed today was the old bag room has a sign up still saying "Bag Collection" - was quite funny seeing my friend stand there with a wristband to hand going "Where've the staff gone?" completely clueless to where she handed her bag in :rolleyes:

I too, know the staff member you're referring to JoshC but unfortunately can't say I praise him on the basis he was actively encouraging people to throw their hands up in the air and 'rave'. Harmless fun I know, but it only takes one person to claim they have whiplash and mention it and BAM, the park has no leg to stand on. All up for having energy but not in ways that could cause trouble later on like he was presenting today. He was also awfully too prioritised on 'faff and interaction' over actually checking bars and sending trains. #BitchyMoan

Totally agree about the need to move the old bag collection signs!

To be fair, though, all of the staff who platformed today mentioned about throwing your hands up and having a rave when I went on today, so that wasn't just this guy. As for prioritising 'faff and interaction' over checking bars and sending trains, I disagree. His interaction was either whilst checking bars or between trains arriving in the station, and he was still quick at sending out trains (or, at least, no slower than any other platformers today). Each to their own though I guess. :P

Also, shout out to one of the awesome guys platforming. Full of energy, life and kept everyone entertained; just the sorta staff needed for X!

I just saw a photo of this guy that someone posted on Thorpe Park's facebook page, saying he clearly loves his new job ect..

This guy was working on Vortex last Sunday, and I've got to agree with you about keeping everyone entertained and that, he was doing the same thing then!

In fairness the guy platforming when I went on wasn't the one shown in pictures on Facebook. However I still find it difficult to believe that the park is encouraging these staff to encourage riders to hold their hands up (pretty sure they're not if I'm honest). Equally, like I said, the platformer was slow when I rode and I stand by that. Trains seemed to roll through incredibly slowly. I visited today in a large group (we spread over three trains in total) and every single one of us seemed to sit at the end while they waited for a train to dispatch at load. Unless of course, theres some new rule where X has to come to a complete standstill before a train can dispatch... ;)

Rode X (multiple times) today and it's much improved, a fantastic ride now, seems to be very popular with the GP too.

Also this version of 'Confusion' is the one at the start of the on ride / Q line / exterior mix. There are so many different versions of this song now ha.. Also know as Operation Blade soundtrack...

'Ride on a Wave of light and sound' isn't it? That's certainly true now! :P

^ The new bag drop is actually the old bag drop! The original!

This bag drop thing is so confusing. The original is actually a tiny place next to where the photos used to be. Then they built one at the entrance. Then they moved back encorporating the photos. Now they're... back at the entrance?

Clearly people have different opinions of what should and shouldn't be played on X.

I personally, would prefer it not to be a stereotype ride for the clientele Thorpe is plauged with - chavy. And that is all X appears to me as. It is no Rock 'n' Rollercoaster; it's a cheaply done re-theme that was done to loosely look like RNRC but with dance music that chav's lash up like there's no tomorrow.

If anything I'd say Avicii might actually help... charting music like Avicii and David Guetta would be more appealing to all; instead of some irritable banging noise which is all it appears to me to be. #MaybeImGettingOld