X

Garyy

Agreed. With Indy at DLRP, reversing the cars was a way to bring new life to the ride, although sadly it killed it. I never saw a long line over 15 mins whilst it went backwards and so the decision was made to reverse it once again, back to the good 'ol forwards motion and it was once again a fairly busy little coaster.X has a lot of possibility, but its obvious now that the park just won't spend a lot of money to do anything with it.

I always find when I queue for :\X the queue never takes that long to actually get on the ride, I find it really quick and I don't even find the ride it self that bad, it's just not good. Anyway, I noticed today that they've added techno music in the queue (in certain parts) and on the last forward and backwards brake section is there are like flashing multicoloured lights above you that gone on and off every so often, and to the right of you are like mannequins but like, I don't know how to explain. It's not nearly as dark as it was before in there and now you can see where you're going (trackwise). I think I preferred it before.

Weren't the mannequins always there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone know if X closed at all during the offload platformer being reintroduced?Must have been a bloody mess getting the new control system signed off.. It took 3 hours for the Carousel to be resigned over from LTC to control of CWoA engineering just after the replacement of a sodding touchscreen, it's not even safety critical!

Hey just wanted some clarification, I might have missed it earlier in the topic but I've found X's dubstep music.It's Braveheart's Theme Song remixed.I'm thinking its this one, but it could be a different remix. Any views

Yes!!! X's music is like the first techno beat at the beginning, and even if it isn't, THAT SONG <3

• 3 months later...

*sigh* I still have quite a soft-spot for X:No Way Out. Naff as it's become over the years, it's still a fun ride. I think the best thing about it though, is that now Merlin don't take it all that seriously by marketing it as some kind of ultra-thrill monster. Some would say they've given up, but I think they've just realised that calling it something is not isn't fooling anyone anymore, and for some reason even first-time riders expect less from it. But I think that's part of the charm; it's such an understated little ride now. :)

I presume the reason all those things were removed was that they either just left them to break or it was deemed to expensive to prevent them from breaking? Minus the queueline change: did they do that with a view to do the fright night maze or was it altered way before that was on the cards?I would suggest that they don't make such a big thing about the backwards in the dark aspect now e.g. remove all the "WORLD'S ONLY" stuff from queueline signs; guess they have to note that it is dark and backwards on the safety information. I'd understand if the ride concept become a run away success and we started seeing several more popping around the Uk or worldwide then they'd still have the "world's first" but it hasn't so its best not to make a song and dance about a ride concept which obviously has just shown itself to become more funny and vomit inducing than thrilling.

I've said it a lot over recent months and X is really my guilty pleasure. I really enjoy the going backwards motion but I know a lot of people don't, the brakes in the middle of the ride kills the momentum and should just be removed, I just think the theme was flawed from the beginning, but now considering Thorpe are aiming themselves as a thrill park I suppose it doesn't matter, but at the time when they were the 'theme park' I don't know how they thought X fit in anywhere. Anyway I still enjoy it!