X

Garyy

• 2 weeks later...

If this was what they were doing to X then I would be so happy, this would be one of the greatest junior, launch coasters ever! And it would totally suit the pyramid too!

Just listen to the bit at the end where it says you have survived, imagine if X did that, it would be awesome! But I don't think thorpe are making X like this though...

P.s I think this is an amazing coaster, if thorpe took this into account in the future I would be so happy because it is so great :)

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but after looking at Thorpe Park's X:\ No Way Out web page, it has been changed a little bit, which could possibly imply that X is indeed going to run forwards this year.

Below are 2 screenshots of the ride's description (1st from late January and the 2nd today):

Late January 2013:

XOLD2.jpg

Today:

7a60272c-4504-4217-bf11-80f30eba8bb9.jpg

Although, below there is still a review mentioning about it going backwards so maybe Thorpe haven't updated all of it yet?

I wonder what the new soundtrack will be this year.

I really don't think it'll have anything to do with Ministry of Sound, when they lower the height restriction then it'll become more of a step up coaster, which wouldn't appeal to the younger audience.

My guess is they will try go back to the original themeing(SCB told me) and use the old theme tune.

As for MOS sponsoring, I honestly have no clue but if they are making it a family ride they cannot have MOS sponsoring because then it will only appeal to teenagers again..

I don't really think it'll be an announcement to be honest, which is probably for the best as the planned improvements wont live up to what we're expecting, other than the cars will be going forwards and the height restriction reduced, the other changes wont be earth shattering.

Of course, nothing would live up to some peoples expectations...

I beg to differ, but keeping schtum, Thorpe are keeping us waiting in suspense.

Indeed, it's unbelievably exciting that I haven't slept since this was pointed out on here...

SO MUCH EXCITE!!!!!!!!111

And as proven after Saw, Thorpe really don't know what to do with non coaster years... Hence the removal of one gimmick whilst adding one on another...

I know we all hate the crash pad and everything, but that IS this years main investment. THE SWARM facing backwards, and XNWO are just a bonus.

I keep trying to read this in an optimistic light, but I just cannot... Get... It... To... Work...

The state of affairs when a temporary 'hotel' is considered a main investment and swapping trains (or part of trains around) are considered bonuses to it... No, a bonus would be making the park an actual nice and enjoyable place to visit, which while the (as yet unconfirmed) NWO refurb would go a little bit towards, that is barely scratching the surface of Thorpe's problems...

No, a bonus would be making the park an actual nice and enjoyable place to visit, which while the (as yet unconfirmed) NWO refurb would go a little bit towards, that is barely scratching the surface of Thorpe's problems...

*for you...

for everyone who dont enjoy the park, there will be more who do.

Its far from perfect , but imo in the last 4/5 years its drastically improved, money has been invested in the right areas and a hotel (even if its just a temporary one for now) is a step in the right direction, and means they can offer accommodation and put more focus onto their evening events right now, not in 2/3 years time.

Money invested in the right areas means removing the entertainments department (although that seems to be coming back this season) and adding Storm Surge/Saw Alive...

There have been improvements, but on the other side of the coin, there are still lots of problems with atmosphere, operations and general maintenance upkeep... Problems which result in guests having poor days and not coming back regardless of 'improving' old/new attractions...

Thorpe aims at the market which doesn't really care about those issues though, yet on the flip side, which market spends the most money at parks? Which market has the lowest disposable income right now?

You only have to look at Six Flags Magic Mountain a few years back to see what issues being solely focused on the 'teen thrills' market and having poor operations can do to a park...