X

Garyy

Please, Benin, know my pain.

The queue for X today was 40 god darn minutes. Not because the ops were inefficient, but school trips absoultely killed the through put with luggage. I went on a train with just me and my friend in the end. 

Whilst I agree swarms baggage system is messy and can be annoying to have people push infront, at least the people inside it can work efficiently and effectively in a team. X's throughput today must've scraped 100 an hour. Honestly it was terrible and really need sorting out, NOW.

The queue for X today was 40 god darn minutes. Not because the ops were inefficient, but school trips absoultely killed the through put with luggage. I went on a train with just me and my friend in the end. 

Whilst I agree swarms baggage system is messy and can be annoying to have people push infront, at least the people inside it can work efficiently and effectively in a team. X's throughput today must've scraped 100 an hour. Honestly it was terrible and really need sorting out, NOW.

I've went on X loads last year and never faced this problem? Was there only 1 person in there or was there just not enough places to put bags? If it is because of that there is still loads of room in there, so they just need to get more bands.

I'm sure if it is as bad as you say they will want to fix it as much as we want them to, if not more!

This whole baggage area/throughput issues seem to have came about only recently, I don't know if Thorpe have had any job cuts but I think they certainly need to review the amount of staff they have on X. Even though it's a small ride dropping bags off is a bit awkward. Mostly, I guess, due to the lack of space and light- with regards to getting bags into the right boxes and picking out the right ones afterwards etc. But I don't understand why Thorpe think it's okay or clever to put just one person in the baggage area when there's atleast two places which need to be attended to. Whether it saves them money and seems to be more or just as efficient theoretically or not, Thorpe shouldn't neglect things like this.

Was there only 1 person in there or was there just not enough places to put bags? 

As far as I'm aware, atleast within the last month they've only had one person on the bags. There are plenty of places to put bags, and if they don't have bands they just ask you to memorize a number. The fact is, quite simply, one is not enough. You need multiple people to op the bag system, because they have to juggle between collecting bags and redistributing them, which can leave lots of customers annoyed, getting pushed in front of, getting longer queues, and just reducing the efficiency all together of the ride. As said if they had one returning bags and one collecting them, I think it would be alot more efficient. It's hardly a small space too.

As I said, they need to be efficient to make bag drops work, and 1 person doesn't make it efficient whatsoever...

Also, how about you know my pain of platforming Vampire with tonnes of school trip bags (usually 24) on the exit platform... That was a little bit more hellish to deal with than inefficient bag holds...

Or, just don't go during this time of the year midweek...

Hm, I've visited both vampire and x in the last week, both with school kids, and loading on vampire was still a lot quicker with a better throughput. Tbh I didn't realise it could be so busy midweek, as it goes smoothly on teacher training days, but oh well..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I found some music that sounds ALOT like X's original music, although I'm not sure if its original or this guy ripped it off because this was released on soundcloud in august and X I think opened in like April or something.

https://soundcloud.com/eppeti/this-love-original-mix

Here is that music being played in the X pyramid

I'm sure X was done by a company for thorpe, so rip off or a real deal thing used for thorpe ? I'm not sure my self tbh.

I have grown to have a bizarre appreciation for this ride. It's not too rough, its well paced mostly, and has quite a few surprises even after 23 rides. I guess its just a space different between the rest of thorpes coasters. It's not terrifying, or forceful, but just there to have fun. hmph.

• 2 weeks later...

This made me chuckle. The 'Danger Electrical Equipment Authorised Personnel Only' sign is on that door as that room has dangerous electrical equipment in it and only authorised personnel are allowed in....
Also it's my office where I service the moving head lights and LASERs. 

Thought you might find this interesting to. These drawings are some of my concepts for X:/NWO back in August '12 when I found out the trains would be going forward in 2013.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qsbj4kw4x8u1ye3/AAC4nuF5UoK0eB3YBvIWQUs7a

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5n32c4mpghto09k/AAB-HUvkuHbPcH2cOnHpcyGDa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tmfyxcyeyal6h46/AAC_yfKLy4efgYj1iseD87dWa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/e500z0prqpj2unu/AAAbEQaB8JYDsSwbjiryIhdga

This made me chuckle. The 'Danger Electrical Equipment Authorised Personnel Only' sign is on that door as that room has dangerous electrical equipment in it and only authorised personnel are allowed in....

Also it's my office where I service the moving head lights and LASERs

I'd love pictures :D

Was down Thorpe today and only got 4 rides fitted in, went on X 2 times, I loving the new tracklist this year, there was 90s rave music and a lot  of Swedish house mafia and think  I heard a Knife Party remix which made me happy, not a big fan of the new light design ruined the experience for me and was much better last year as it more harder to see the track. Also the music seemed to be quiet as at times you hardly couldn't hear it over the train moving :( Apart from that its good just turn the music up louder, I still cant get over the fact Sandstorm came on once I got off the ride!