• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taken a glance at the comments on Thorpe's recent 2020 social media posts. So much hate, and that isn't just from hard to please can't win enthusiasts.    All the general public want is

And here’s a reminder of what the dome used to look like.     It’s not perfect but definitely better than the mediocrity shown in the newer pictures. Everything looked so much b

WELL! There goes my hope for an RMC coming our way any time soon.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

I loved Asylum though honestly bringing back Freezer/Asylum would honestly be kind of a questionable move IMO. Freezer/Asylum was a very simple maze, literally just mirrors, strobes, and some barbed wire. They could easily incorporate the core elements of the classic maze into a new attraction, look at Creek Freak and Big Top, these mazes took what Asylum did and then built on it. I would much prefer something like Studio 13 to return, simply because it was much more unique and complex than Freezer/Asylum.

Simple but effective yes.
Big top was good yes, but lacked the intensity asylum offers. Studio 13 I wasnt much of a fan of personally. The asylum's siren/shreaking sound track added a sense of panic and chaos which the metal and clown music in the other mazes doesnt.

Thats just my honest opinion.
Creek freak is great which is why it should stay along side asylum/freezer. 
If we need 2 new mazes after the contract for do or die and living nightmare runs out, we could have asylum and ex10 back?

Imagine a line up of Creek freak, Asylum and experiment 10. That just gives me goosebumps that and makes me scared already... All heavily intense and different mazes. 

13 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

what an incredible waste of money and short sighted that was... so very Thorpe.

Did Jungle Escape really seem like that much money was put in it? Most of it was reused from IAC and I'd presume most of the costs were from staff running it (if not enough tickets were being sold to turn a profit then it's clear why it's not returning). Also I believe most of the things in major "events"/ "new things" in 2019 were plans put in place under the old divisional director which is obviously different to the current DD whose plans for the park start properly in 2020 (hence changes that seem 'short sighted' when taken out of this context). That said I doubt they'd be removing JE if it wasn't profitable, and considering how few people actually tried it it's not a surprise.

16 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

Did Jungle Escape really seem like that much money was put in it? Most of it was reused from IAC and I'd presume most of the costs were from staff running it (if not enough tickets were being sold to turn a profit then it's clear why it's not returning).

Whilst most of it was reused props, there was new stuff too of course. But it's not just that, it's the costs of designing it all and the time spent on it which all add up. Plus it did use actors in it too.

16 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

Also I believe most of the things in major "events"/ "new things" in 2019 were plans put in place under the old divisional director which is obviously different to the current DD whose plans for the park start properly in 2020 (hence changes that seem 'short sighted' when taken out of this context).

Not strictly true. 2019 events were designed in mind of steadying the ship if you will after the old director left. 2019 was never going to be a big budget year anyway, and we may have ended up with something similar even if there wasn't a change in upper management. But the ideas were never 'inherited'; they were there to do *something* whilst giving the option for paving the way for the future (having Jungle Escape return, testing the waters to see if there was demand for a GameFX type event yearly, etc etc).

11 minutes ago, Wicker Matt said:

Finally, something not to complain about. 

I hope it cuts the queues and the app works reliably. 

Well the positive is visitors in theory will no longer have to sit in the car park for the same length of time it takes to sit back and watch Empire strikes back!!

A good move from Thorpe.

Gotta laugh at the eNThuSiAstS losing their shiz over the AromaPrime tweet t'other day and then it ends up being a massive let down, obvs.

I'm sure being able to make your humble abode smell like a horror maze is 100% what the general public want from Thorpe as new for 2020.

6 hours ago, Wicker Matt said:

and the app works reliably. 

Why does Thorpe think people are going to spend time downloading an app? I wonder how many people even use the Thorpe Park app (I don't), let alone a second one as well to pay for parking?

32 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

Why does Thorpe think people are going to spend time downloading an app? I wonder how many people even use the Thorpe Park app (I don't), let alone a second one as well to pay for parking?

I’m sure there will be iPads or other ways to pay. 

1 hour ago, Ivsetti said:

Look at Disney, everything is done through an app.

Apps are the future of themeparks from ordering food to park maps.

Tbh after reading this it will still likely be barriers with anpr tech  to auto open for the people who prebook. Delays are still likely due to gp with pay at barrier/ dont know there reg...

prem passes will still need to scan on exit etc

if I'm wrong..... I'm wrong but the Jupiter range discussed in article is a barrier system

ANPR is an interesting idea for sure.

I don't know of any other parks that use ANPR (though feel free to correct me). So it makes you wonder why no park has, given the technology has been around for a while. Is it simply because no other park has felt the need to? The cost generally?

The big issue I see is that when people visit a theme park, they become stupid. Can you clearly explain the ANPR system and how to pay for parking to stupid theme park guests who have lost all common sense? I guess we'll see.

I mean if it works, great. But if it doesn't, it's just another costly experiment that's failed, and will annoy people even more when people have to park on dodgy gravel plots (which I know the park can't do anything about).

Let's put it this way, I sure am glad that I'm not working in Thorpe's car parking division this season. IMO it's not going to make much of a difference if they still need barriers.

I'd be hoping if 1 or 2 of the barriers were dedicated to those using the app.

Wouldn't be surprised if when booking online anyone who clicks on a parking ticket will have to input vehicle registration.

Which makes some sense.

I think cost and logistics will be why many parks haven't done it. Bearing in mind supermarkets only really use it to charge for overstays in some areas, and airport car parks to just let advance payments in.

19 hours ago, Glitch said:

Look at Disney, everything is done through an app.

Apps are the future of themeparks from ordering food to park maps.

My experience with the Disneyland apps is fairly poor. It's slow and crashes frequently, I just ended up using queue-times.com while I was there. And the fastpass system wasn't done through the app.

20 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

Surely it would just be integrated into the current Thorpe Park app? The app they have now is fairly good and functional.

Having ANPR would surely speed up the exiting process at the barriers but might mean longer queues at ticket machines. In the car parks I've seen it used I've never seen a problem occur.