Vampire

Vampire can no longer run 3 trains due to h&s. They are not happy with how the staff check bars on 3 trains and it was major faff to keep it running smoothly on 3 trains without operational issues.

Don't you even... :aggressive:

There is nothing stopping them running three trains other than themselves. If the procedures needed to change for some reason they have two options to comply with them; put the resources in place to be compliant with them, or take ages doing what they need to to comply with them with the resources they have and blame a non existent 'health and safety'. They take the easy and cheap route.

• 1 month later...

Chessington Buzz have just posted this picture on their facebook page:

ThYmLBZ.jpg

Fast track no longer available on Vampire this season due to how busy the ride was with it over the summer.

Hopefully this means a more sensible, faster-moving queue over the Halloween season - and the possibility of more than one night ride!

Amazing.

Could this be a turning point in how parks view the fastrack 'service'? The feedback from summer must have been quite strong for them to miss out on all that revenue it would have generated over Halloween. When it returns, which inevitably will, we can only hope it is with a much more tightly managed system. Vastly reduced numbers, with allocated times, at a much higher price. That's what I'll be hoping for.

I have to say the queue was moving very well today due to this! The new batching system also works well in filling up empty seats as they instead of always blocking out the back two rows for the exit queue, they either fill up one row or two depending on the size of the group so on most rides the main queue was getting 11 out of the 12 rows. Also, groups of 3 were being grouped together to make 6 so very few if any empty seats were left.

Certainly a daring move, and one I applaud Chessie for doing as well. What we do have to remember is the park are now literally losing out on 'free money' because of this.

It is definitely good to see something positive from the park which has had so many failures this past year. I doubt it will spread to other rides or other parks though, I bet it'll return next year, though probably after a bit more thought about the system to ensure guests are kept happy.

• 4 months later...

Ahem.

I remember it absolutely terrifying me. It was played extremely loudly out of one or two small speakers behind the waterfall. Those horrific screams could be heard very clearly from the Vampire queue. As you can imagine, the ride had much less of an atmosphere once the track was removed, although I can certainly understand why it was stopped!

If you manage to listen to the whole 23 minutes, congratulations on your achievement and I sympathise with your new mental health issues.

Ahem.

I remember it absolutely terrifying me. It was played extremely loudly out of one or two small speakers behind the waterfall. Those horrific screams could be heard very clearly from the Vampire queue. As you can imagine, the ride had much less of an atmosphere once the track was removed, although I can certainly understand why it was stopped!

I think they should still play it - maybe a toned down version?

I have heard a rumour (can't remember where) that Vampire has been permanently reduced to one train operation - I sincerely hope it isn't true!!

If that rumour is true (Source?) then they may as well not bothering opening the ride...

That version of music was only removed a few years back... Possibly with the changing of the brand? I cannot remember, possibly linked into them adding the new area music in Translyvania rather than Bubbles remix...

Shame, was one of those things that was just nice in the background to complete the scene...

Ahem.

If you manage to listen to the whole 23 minutes, congratulations on your achievement and I sympathise with your new mental health issues.

Having just downloaded it and heard it pretty clearly for the first time ever (it was never THAT clear on park, even when I was cleaning McDonald's external tables right next to a speaker), and it's obvious why they've since removed it...

90s truly were imaginative...

I can't actually remember where I heard it, it's not very reliable at all but I thought it worth mentioning.

Knowing Chessie I wouldn't put it past them! :lol:

You sure that it wasn't just someone mentioning the permanent change to a max of 2 trains? It's dire enough with 2 trains. It was a joke the two times I went last year with 2 trains queueing almost 2 hours when the park wasn't even that busy. Mind you with trains being dispatched with waits of almost 5 minutes it may as well been 1 train operation.

It's pretty shocking! Shows how Chessington weren't afraid to push the boat out in the 90s.

it was never THAT clear on park, even when I was cleaning McDonald's external tables right next to a speaker

I have this weird memory of it being extremely prominent throughout the area (not necessarily clear but certainly loud) around 2004/5. I remember hanging around the Vampire entrance a couple of times and it being unbearable after a few minutes. In a good way.

I didn't notice it as much after that and forgot about it until recently, I guess they turned it right down after the audio was all changed around Transylvania in 2006 (blame the BubbleWorks refurbishment).

You sure that it wasn't just someone mentioning the permanent change to a max of 2 trains? It's dire enough with 2 trains. It was a joke the two times I went last year with 2 trains queueing almost 2 hours when the park wasn't even that busy. Mind you with trains being dispatched with waits of almost 5 minutes it may as well been 1 train operation.

I definitely heard 1 train somewhere.

Operations of the ride were absolutely dire last year, it wasn't acceptable in the slightest. For a park which only has two major coasters to cope with the crowds it's pants.

The exterior audio system broke in 2009, it was still working in 08 quite clearly.

I believe they fixed it a year or so ago? If audio plays outside? Dunno if they've got anything but should be this anyway its so atmospheric and it's vampire anyway (Saying that, I'm only just downloading the track ;))