Vampire

I liked the part that effectively involves a victim being abused/spanked by something...

That certainly wouldn't be deemed suitable these days...

That is your filthy adult mind piecing that together! To a child it might play slightly wildly in their head but they would make it fit something they are comfortable with, and then enter that dark tunnel with the expectant fear I did so many times.

That is your filthy adult mind piecing that together! To a child it might play slightly wildly in their head but they would make it fit something they are comfortable with, and then enter that dark tunnel with the expectant fear I did so many times.

My memories of Vampire in my youf are exactly the same. Dat tunnel... with the sign about the Vampire striking - entering the station was one of the scariest parts!

I swear the only reason it doesn't play is because the system broke, maybe they lost or misplaced the file when they updated the audio system. I highly highly highly doubt they'd remove when it's essentially vampire station with slightly more sound effects. It was never played so loudly to make it obvious anyway, it was always subtle!

With all this talk about the entrance audio being REALLY loud, these days you hear the station audio playing at the entrance at a very low volume. Surely if they brought back the old audio, they would play it at that volume, if not a tiny bit higher, as if it's heard from the queueline, that would REALLY build the atmosphere! :)

Ahem.

I remember it absolutely terrifying me. It was played extremely loudly out of one or two small speakers behind the waterfall. Those horrific screams could be heard very clearly from the Vampire queue. As you can imagine, the ride had much less of an atmosphere once the track was removed, although I can certainly understand why it was stopped!

If you manage to listen to the whole 23 minutes, congratulations on your achievement and I sympathise with your new mental health issues.

Click link above J.S217

Fastrack was in op on Saturday, 45-60 min queue otherwise even though it was quiet. They had 2 trains and were training up staff but the loading is still fubar-ed.

I can't for the life on me understand why they can't throw a bit of cash and technology at it and get rid of all this manual checking.... A pilot doesn't go and push/pull the engines and wings before taking off! Even my car tells me if my seatbelt isn't fastened.... Regardless of which, even without any safety restraint you'd have to be trying really hard to fall out of the Vampire.

H&S gone mad!

I can't for the life on me understand why they can't throw a bit of cash and technology at it and get rid of all this manual checking.... A pilot doesn't go and push/pull the engines and wings before taking off! Even my car tells me if my seatbelt isn't fastened.... Regardless of which, even without any safety restraint you'd have to be trying really hard to fall out of the Vampire.

H&S gone mad!

Really?

Thing is, people are stupid. So stupid that on rides like Fury and Runaway Train they will actually sit on the restraints. Look at all the incidents in America of staff not doing their job properly, over-riding the rides safety protocols to send the train. Next thing you know, people flying out of seats.

Health and Safety 'isn't going mad' like you suggest, I'm not sure it can go mad when it's keeping people alive, especially when it comes to the day to day running of a ride.

H&S gone mad!

The pilot may not go and visually inspect but someone will before the plane takes off and the cabin crew do a visual check to make sure all passengers have their seat belts on.

Most rollercoasters are aware when restraints aren't closed (Air at AT is very tempremental on this) but a manual check reassures the public and helps stop other hazards that could harm the rider or spectators as well.

and I hate the phrase Health & Safety gone mad. Almost always when someone says this it is actually fear of litigation that causes the problem. Most places will have done a risk assessment and identified which risks can be allowed and which can't, some further risks that are very unlikely are also prevented because of the risk of being sued. In this case restraint and passenger checking is a simple part of the ride safety and doesn't add much inconvience.

The thing is it's our culture of people I went to europa last year and all but 2 rides no restraints were check at all and as soon as all bars down it was sent. But it works because all the people who go to europa know to pull down a restraint and click In any secondary belts where as in the uk my experience of working at a theme park the type of people we get it won't work if you don't check as people leave belts out I Evan Karen people trying to sit on top of a harness on stealth before

The thing is it's our culture of people I went to europa last year and all but 2 rides no restraints were check at all and as soon as all bars down it was sent. But it works because all the people who go to europa know to pull down a restraint and click In any secondary belts where as in the uk my experience of working at a theme park the type of people we get it won't work if you don't check as people leave belts out I Evan Karen people trying to sit on top of a harness on stealth before

A few parks do visual checks when possible... Using Europa as an example they don't need to physically check Silver Star because there are lights on the base of the restraint...

HOWEVER, they do physically check Blue Fire and Wodan (the only 2 coasters that receive such a honour)... So then you have to think, "Why do these two get checked and the rest not?"... Is it due to simplicity of the other restraints such as on Matterhorn Blitz, or is there a clear visual marker like on Silver Star that means the work isn't required?

Physically checking a bar helps the psychological aspects of the riders as well, indeed, a lot of times people want double checking and stuff (this is certainly more regular than people sitting on top of restraints, although a good ride team would ensure that all restraints should be up on something like Stealth), and as such just doing visual checks in a way also could mean some things are missed more easily... That's mainly seatbelts, and Vampire's belts are an incredibly fiddly set...

Indeed, a lot of incidents happen both with physical and visual checks on a bar, because of human error (on both guest and staff parts)... But from a personal angle I think the physical checks are certainly appropriate to our parks...

As an aside, Six Flags do visual checks on some rides but it doesn't feel as safe as the visual checks at the likes of Europa...

Using Europa as an example they don't need to physically check Silver Star because there are lights on the base of the restraint...

I noticed that Nemesis inferno now has LEDS on the back of the seats, they are green when the restraints are released/up and when they are down they go orange. I don't know why they have them because they didn't use them, they still check all the bars. But maybe in the future, they might just look at the LEDS.

Lots of rides already have LED systems on them (The Swarm, Saw - The Ride, Flying Fish etc.) but that doesn't mean manual restraint checking will be going away any time soon. Better to have a staff member check bars than have the general public sitting on their restraints instead of in them or have fanboys be trusted to push the boundaries of what an acceptable locked bar position is.

(As a side note my restraint was always checked on Silver Star and I believe I last went at the same time as you Benin? I even had a staff member have a go at me when he thought I was slouching too far forward in my seat on purpose)

Lots of rides already have LED systems on them (The Swarm, Saw - The Ride, Flying Fish etc.) but that doesn't mean manual restraint checking will be going away any time soon. Better to have a staff member check bars than have the general public sitting on their restraints instead of in them or have fanboys be trusted to push the boundaries of what an acceptable locked bar position is.

Yeah I know, but what I'm saying is why would they go out of there way installing them on the ride if they didn't come with it. If they aren't going to use them, what was the point putting them there.

Yeah I know, but what I'm saying is why would they go out of there way installing them on the ride if they didn't come with it. If they aren't going to use them, what was the point putting them there.

The ones on Swarm and Saw are used to check a seat is in the minimum closed position allowed to dispatch the train/car. Who said that staff don't use them? When it comes to slightly larger guests the lights are very useful in speeding up dispatches.

On a positive note though, there was a new RECORDED announcement when I went!

"Adventurers...sit back...hold on tight...you're in...FOR A FRIGHT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!" (Yes, this would be the line of the operators, but this was EPIC!)

However, the version of the music had changed! Instead of the amazing sounding looped version we used to hear, it's basically this:

Yep, you guessed it! It cuts out at the end! Also, the scream sound really is DEAFENING in the station!

We'll...... that's alright since that is the full unedited version by Graham Smart. Usually they play a shortened loop that cuts out the choir sections and has different SFX in the station. Both are great.

I'd like to hear the full version used in the station for once (looped properly), unless they are just using a file downloaded from the internet.