Scorpion Express

Dan9

Went on Scorpion for the first time yesterday and was really disappointed. The theming is so lazy and the first of the two runs it does was sooooo slow, even the second run was slow by minetrain standards. Not to mention it broke down later that afternoon and they were not using the flame bit at all for most of the time we was there. Thumbs down from me.

Went on Scorpion for the first time yesterday and was really disappointed. The theming is so lazy and the first of the two runs it does was sooooo slow, even the second run was slow by minetrain standards. Not to mention it broke down later that afternoon and they were not using the flame bit at all for most of the time we was there. Thumbs down from me.

Have they just been running Scorpion Express at top quality for the preview events?

I would of kept the ride as it was but just altered the theming slightly and brought the whole area more in line with Rattlesnake nearby. Iron out any kinks that the ride had previously and a nice new lick of paint. Removing the cave for me has exposed how basic the ride really is and the scorpion when it shoots its water is like having someone try to soak you with a water pistol it was truly pathetic. Also using 2d for the surrounding theming is just cheap and brings no character to the area whatsoever. They were using the flame at the start of the day as it was the ride we headed to first but they literally used it about 3 times then left it off.

Well for a start, I don't see why they are not batching people to the air gates while the ride is going. This could increase the dispatch times by ALOT. I have just been on there facebook and someone was asking why they did this, and saying how it would save a lot of time. Apparently she previously timed the loading and it was 10 minutes!? I don't understand how or why it could take 10 minutes to load the ride and still don't understand why they don't load people to the air gates while the ride is in operation. Yes, people could jump over or whatever but people could do this on a lot of things and people don't. The air gates are there for a reason?

There are complaints on facebook that they have been running fast track only trains, and when they don't they have been running around half of the train with fast track and disabled riders. They have obviously been selling way to much fast track as it is a new attraction. Running fast track only trains is disgusting in my opinion. People that have payed to get in the park don't move in a que because people with a lot of money can just skip the ques? They need to limit fast track sales by a lot from the sound of it.

From what I've heard, the queue over the past couple of days didn't even go through the tunnel, and essentially boarded onto the exit with disabled guests...

One can assume that the ineptitude of the staff at the current time is so bad that batchers just batch the entire load, forgetting the designated disabled guest seats and so faff and clusterbuggery commences... As a result, we see them stop using the majority of the queue and just create stupid procedures that make little to no sense...

10250183_10154051591300360_5378517310380

Image shamelessly stolen from a friend

As you can see, the tunnel and bridge parts of the queue aren't being used, and guests board via the Fastrack queue and onto the exit platform... The sheer "WHY?!" that comes from this shows how far Chessie have fallen in recent years... No other words describe this ride as pure and simply, awful... And they've made it worse...

The only reason I can think for avoiding the tunnel and bridge is because of the heat of the tunnel. Last Thursday, which was a nice, warmish, day, the heating was on full blast and it was quite uncomfortable in there. If that's the reason, then it shows how poorly thought out that queue was...

Is it Chessington's philosophy to have a great deal of potential for everything then fail to deliver in almost every aspect?

Nah, tis Merlin's philosophy...

The tunnel was warm enough when I went on opening weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the overall issue, and would just go to show that whoever designs the queuelines for Merlin has absolutely no clue of how to do them correctly...

No wonder it's taking so long to start the ride then, when the queue line fencing collapsed in 2006, everyone entered via the disabled exit and it was an absolute nightmare when you factor in fastrack and disabled guests. At least back then, there was a valid (if ridiculous) excuse.

Also, when it was the old theming, that tunnel and queue line was always pretty cold. Are we saying that the changes done to Runaway have turned it from the Arctic to the Sahara. That's pretty embarrassing if true.