Thorpe Park 2023

ML27

14 minutes ago, Cal said:

Looking forward to hearing the new entrance music. Hoping ride music stays the same though. Original Colossus and Inferno music please, that certainly isn't broken.

Thorpe haven't Been using the original Inferno music for the last 3 months, went back to the Jungle Imascore after a couple of seasons of the original playing. 

Thorpe socials have confirmed WWTP won't be touched though, which is the one thing that I genuinely think should stay. Everything else won't be that bad with a refresh. 

Screenshot_2023-10-16-21-09-36-05_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Thorpe haven't Been using the original Inferno music for the last 3 months, went back to the Jungle Imascore after a couple of seasons of the original playing. 

Thorpe socials have confirmed WWTP won't be touched though, which is the one thing that I genuinely think should stay. Everything else won't be that bad with a refresh. 

Yeah I noticed that, its a shame. Fingers crossed it'll return again next season.

I love that the original dispatch audio has returned to the station but its ruined by the brace yourself announcement. That appeared after The Smiler incident and hasn't been played for a while.

Here’s how I see it going 2024 will see a golden logo to match hyperia and then in 25 perhaps we get something completely new but hopefully sticking with the colour scheme we see today.

I think Thorpes always going to have a vision problem but I think fright nights is a good indication of what they want to be a family friendly park with thrills for the older kids / adrenaline junkies. As family is where the money is at. FN is an excellent example, we’ve gone from freaks and creepy characters roaming the park in a tense atmosphere to dance parties and cheesy American high school themes so that the kids in push chairs can still be entertained before the dark and scary hour of 9pm…..

Interesting and exciting times!

could we even be seeing a new entrance area? Or I guess we’d have seen plans by now wouldn’t we?

I really like the current logo, it’s so recognisable and will be weird to see a new one for Thorpe, but I'm interested to see what’s new and I think it’s good that they’re turning the page and startng afresh - the park badly needs its identity sorting out.

The comment on the grave stone about “stepping in to the light” is interesting - could that be referring to an end to the dreary “everything is ruined” ride themes going forward, and a lighter more positive feeling?

also I’m here for the new theme for the Fins Vibes 360 kitchen or whatever it is.

28 minutes ago, Inferno said:

could we even be seeing a new entrance area? Or I guess we’d have seen plans by now wouldn’t we?

A significantly new entrance area is unlikely given we haven't seen plans yet, but not impossible. 

The park are restricted with how much they could do there, but they certainly could revamp it.

I saw this yesterday elsewhere before SLKSTN posted it - but "from the darkness comes light" is a nice phrase to hear - the theme of Hyperia is a marked change from everything prior being doom, destruction and gloom - whether that is just a reference to Hyperia itself or a wider change in theme, remains to be seen.

The biggest question is - new logo, new music - are they FINALLY going to replace that awful half-working entrance screen? One would hope so considering you have a world class rollercoaster opening.

F8kvshnWIAMF8v2.jpg

12 hours ago, JoshC. said:

With Hyperia, the change in brand and whatever else the park are cooking behind the scenes, this is clearly going to be one of the biggest closed seasons yet for the park.

This year they've filled in the Colossus pit with concrete, and it's looking really open and fresh.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

The park are restricted with how much they could do there, but they certainly could revamp it.

I think a revamp of some sorts is on the cards, I quite honestly can’t see the orange and blue staying either.

The entrance is littered with the colours, even the entrance screen is blue.

Even if the entrance structure doesn’t change, the whole colour and images used around the entrance will change and I can imagine the screen may go this closed season.

• 2 weeks later...

As the 2023 season has officially come to an end, I thought I may as well do a little review of it.

Food options have vastly improved, mainly in snacking and desert options. Main meals at Aramark establishments have been a bit ropey. However, the addition of the Last Call Cafe and bar is great! Thorpe is the best Merlin park for food 10000%

It was the first season in which this “new” Merlin have really took control of Thorpe with several new improvements to improve the quality of the resort and a new picnic area! If last closed season we got those improvements, this closed season we are in store for lots more!

Operations were pretty decent this year, few periods of downtime with stealth either completely or one train and Colossus was out of action for a while but big picture I never really waited horrendous queue times until fright nights which is a positive!

Events generally took a step back this year, they peaked last year and this year either reduced in size or stayed the same. They really do have to look at family shows, because there just isn’t the audience for it everyday.

Fright Nights was solid this year, again I feel like reduced from previous years but we got something new! But really it’s for the Fright Nights section.

Feel like we have lots to be positive about and the communication from the park has been impeccable. I do genuinely believe the days of run down Thorpe park are nearly over, there’s a lot of work to be done but I’m confident that a good chunk of improvements will happen this year.

On the topic of RAP and fixing it’s issues, I really do hope that they build some sortof portal or app system that has each user and their guests registered. One account per person only so there’s no more of this we will use your RAP for Colossus and then mine for Nemesis….it seems like the system is currently an advantage for those with it who can get more rollercoasters in the day than those who queue normally this just seems unfair to me and tbh I’m sick of vloggers seemingly going from ride to ride despite the queues being 2 hours long…

yes it would take time and money but at what point does someone say ok we need to address this. Surprised that Merlin don’t have a head of RAP tbh…

Chessie uses an online system.

However on our recent visit we had to split up the usage between the group as you can't use Parent Swap in conjunction with it. We had 2 people who qualified for it so used it separately in twos unless we could all ride together with baby. 

Not all who use it abuse it in the manner that many unfortunately do. However it is not helped by the poor implementation of the park's own rules by many staff members. Even at Chessie there were a number of times we weren't scanned for various reasons (including not having a scanner at one of the rides).

The system exists, and they'd be better off implementing it across all the parks asap. However I don't think it'd necessarily improve things due to the number of overall users. And any methods they'd use to alter things would no doubt result in an outcry (likely from those who've happily been abusing the "free fastrack" for years); be it max 1 carer, limiting use or being stricter with giving it out. Presumably Nimbus was meant to improve matters but don't think it's made much difference. 

End of the day majority who use it have to suffer with a daily issue that affects them constantly and living in an often inaccessible world. That's far more unfair than getting a slightly higher ride count over able-bodied persons. Its just a shame that many abuse the system so that those who need it often suffer and often get the "WeLl ThEy QuEuE fInE iN a HoUr RaP qUeUe" comments.

Thorpe to Imascore….

Hi we have a new rollercoaster being built could you produce the music please…

imascore… sure thing that will be xxx

thorpe… oh that’s a little bit high, perhaps we will get our crew to do it….

imascore…. How about you offer us a seminar with your enthusiasts to bring the cost down slightly.

thorpe…. Sure thing! Let’s sell this out!!

in all seriousness I wonder if this is the day in which the music for hyperia will be signed off and handed over to the park and then this event is a little add on to make some east money?

image.png.3b5550d177476d31caa2598ac8648f92.png

It's a post in the passholder group - which is weird because the park have confirmed that it's not passholder exclusive, but I suppose your average Thorpe Park consumer wouldn't be interested so wouldn't make sense to post on the main social channels.

This is the link to book: https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/?promocode=IMAScore23