New Logo Discussion

coasterfreak23

Personally I think the logo is good, it is versatile and the colours and patterns help it, still it be interesting to see its implementation beyond concept.

However even as a sub logo I think the Infinity symbol still had a place in the rebrand

However I'm guessing its still the 'island like no other'

The new logo has been picked up by a rebranding blog I subscribe to. They look at the new rebrand, logo, marketing etc and have given it quite a bad review. It’s behind a paywall but this is the summary.

“Overall, this is very sad and a missed opportunity because it’s rare that theme parks get redesigns and there is so much material to draw from, especially for one with such a rich history as Thorpe Park — what this needed was more 1980s water bus energy”

The reader comments are also unfortunately quite scathing!

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_identity_for_thorpe_park.php

I quite like that behind the text as well.  I think it would make the social media logos pop a little more.

Also you know all the squiggly bits that appear on the videos and posters etc?

I knew it looked familiar…

It’s just the thing in the middle of Quantum. I guess an homage to the most underrated ride at the park!

IMG_2726.jpeg

On 12/1/2023 at 7:11 PM, 1729 said:

1729: Personally I think the logo is good, it is versatile and the colours and patterns help it, still it be interesting to see its implementation beyond concept.

However even as a sub logo I think the Infinity symbol still had a place in the rebrand

However I'm guessing its still the 'island like no other'

Wish granted.

HybridLogo.thumb.png.4aaecbebb793978cc5a460afb717bf76.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JohnnyRocket said:

A global rebrand review blog has now named Thorpe Park’s the 2nd worst of 2023.

Behind a paywall, but a summary:

IMG_3504.thumb.jpeg.644dd331b82b9d0b4a51ad4c785311e8.jpeg

Original link:

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/the_year_in_review_part_3_the_most_not_great_2023.php

I appreciate this is just a singular screenshot of a website, but the design of it makes me feel like that website should avoid throwing stones whilst in a glass house.

6 hours ago, Inferno said:

I really don't understand why people are still pouring their heart out over this.

It's not like the logo was the reason people visited Thorpe. It's literally just a logo, and is it really that bad?

Not really people pouring their heart out over it? It’s an end of year round up over the course of 2023 of different rebrands.

I’ve personally got used to it, but it’s still ultimately a crap logo. And that’s what this thread is dedicated to. The park hasn’t even opened its doors yet following the new rebrand!

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2024 at 7:53 AM, tactic said:

I know they needed to update the app icon for the new logo, but this is definitely not it…

Come on Thorpe at least get the logo to fit in the icon.

IMG_3727.jpeg

Yeah that's definitely a stylistic choice, I personally don't mind it... well, as much as somebody who still doesn't really like the new logo can 'not mind' something.

The new logo has definitely grown on me though, my opinion of it now is 'it's okay'. I still think the old one suited the tone of the park better and they'd have been better off keeping the infinity rings but just changing the comic sans logo, but alas the new Dafont logo is seemingly here to stay!