Slammer

Artie

. But I have on many occasions, when having conversations with friends and family, the two rides which regularly crop up as truly scary rides are Detonator and Slammer; with many saying that Slammer looks too much for them.

I'd put that down to approximately half of all guests on Slammer having been stuck on it, and the others hearing about it through word of mouth.

Plus, that god awful noise on that video! Christ that'd be enough to put me off too!

Was there yesterday and they had quite a few mechanics and the like working on it pretty much the whole day so they finally must of sorted it. It did seem like they had added new support beams to it as well, either that or they had given them a new lick of paint. Stood out like a sore thumb.

Just saw picture of it on Instagram with people on and thought it was from last season, but I was wrong!

So glad it's now back open and hopefully it will stay open for the rest of the season. Although I would hate to see it go, I do think it is on it's last sort of chance now. If it has another major problem this year I think it will be it for Slammer. Wont be able to be down Thorpe for at least another month though which is annoying!

So glad that Thorpe has never gave up it though!

Well the reply Thorpe gave to that tweet sounds like the problem is minor and sounds as if it has a pretty good chance of opening again tomorrow.

This is the reply they gave: 'It's been up and down due to maintenance issues that our engineers are working on as we speak :) '

As Marc said its bound to have teething problems as it hasn't been fully operational with guests on since last July.

The reply they gave sounds very promising that the problem isn't that major!

Really happy to hear Slammer is back in operation! I've always had a soft spot for that ride :)

However, I would love to know what the main issues have been with the ride. I do remember following closely the issues that Slammer's sister, Catapult, at Six Flags was having over in America. Many discussions stressed problems with the main beam (between the two passenger paddles) and also the obvious problems with the lifting mechanism.

I know Thorpe probably wouldn't be too keen to give this information out publicly, but it would be interesting just to know if the ride has struggled to remain structurally sound, or if the problems are entirely mechanical and/or electrical. After all, I cannot be the only one that looks at Slammer and thinks about how difficult it must have been to design, unfortunately it seems it may have not been designed so well in the beginning.