Slammer

Artie

^Just wondering why they did not close the area off?

Because as you said the ride was opening later in the day? It's usually closed off during prolonged periods of closure incase any vehciles (such as lorry's or cherry picker's) are required since they take up a lot of space considering the area outside Slammer is fairly small. And considering the only reason you'd need to walk onto that path is to access Slammer it doesn't make much of a difference anyway.

It happens whenever Slammer is unavailable, I assume so that if they are doing work on it and it falls or anything then people are a far enough distance away.It also stop people queueing for it to re-open.The area cut off is basically all the area containing Slammer from the edge of the toilets building.But yeah, Slammer is an epic ride :blink:

Don't be so silly, slammer isn't guna just topal over at any minute... Slammer should be up and running soon, and intact and 'fall-free'

Then something major has happened to it, especially if it has tarp over it.If it had something small it'd have a staff member at the entrance informing people it was closed - Ricky you don't seem to know what you're talking about, you do come out with a lot of bollocks pretending you know park operations inside out when you're only a mere 16 year old.

Then something major has happened to it, especially if it has tarp over it.If it had something small it'd have a staff member at the entrance informing people it was closed - Ricky you don't seem to know what you're talking about, you do come out with a lot of bollocks pretending you know park operations inside out when you're only a mere 16 year old.

And he misused the word 'literally', disgraceful.I hope Slammer is ready by 30th October. It's my favourite ride! I remember last year it was closed for a few months. Might this be the same thing?

I think the tarps there to keep staff under it dry more than anything!

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought id mention what I noticed was different about it. The four supports seem to be even more silver in colour than before and the main arm has bits of white over the brown bits. Its much smoother when lowering now. Before as it was lowering it would look like it was going to go back up again 3 or 4 times as it lowered. It only does this once now.

Before as it was lowering it would look like it was going to go back up again 3 or 4 times as it lowered. It only does this once now.

Strange I counted 3 last time I went on. I believe it does this to release air pressure or something along them lines, so its a must do, nothing structural can change it.

• 3 weeks later...