Slammer

Artie

^ On Saturday, shortly after it had closed, I overheard an engineer say 'looks like the compressors have gone again'.Hasn't been the best of seasons for Slammer, but was great to see it at least up running during FN! :excl:

To be fair it's been one of the better seasons. It cant help being negleted to the point ride parts need replacing :D

Which to some extent is rather sad...

Why is it so?Thorpe 'apparently' (since I haven't been much this year and they were both usual days of busy times mixed with do not want), have improved it's reliability and other things... Granted Thorpe didn't particularly impress me on my two visits this year, but hey, my mood of seeing 2 coasters down in the morning was never gonna improve... They've evidently tried a lot harder to fix rides with Slammer being the obvious example (yes it broke again, but it's the only existing version of it atm, so hey)...

^For a ride to have a month down, along with having a few 'extended' periods of downtime during one seasons, and for it to be classed as 'one of the best' in regards to reliability is slightly sad for any ride...Yeah, Thorpe have improved reliability very much so this season, and I don't disagree with that. Just sad to think that a ride that's been down so much is on a better season...

^For a ride to have a month down, along with having a few 'extended' periods of downtime during one seasons, and for it to be classed as 'one of the best' in regards to reliability is slightly sad for any ride...Yeah, Thorpe have improved reliability very much so this season, and I don't disagree with that. Just sad to think that a ride that's been down so much is on a better season...

When you consider how much downtime it had in recent years, which sometimes felt like it was closed more then it was open its an eyeopener that it had so little downtime. The month down was not the rides fault, but the parks as well as S&S's.

It's not really a Thorpe issue as Rush has had a fantastic season with little to no downtime.Slammer is just one of those rides that doesn't work. The same ride type in America has been dogged with problems ever since it opened in 2003. The fact that Slammer went nearly a whole season without issues is testament to Thorpe's constant work on it. They deserve praise, not criticism.

Shall I do a little clarification?The ride had major downtime due to an exceptionally huge fault with the ride, there is no one in the country that could have fixed the issue that happened to it, the fault was fully down the S+S and clearly for the amount of time it took to fix it was the fault of S+S.'MAJOR SHOCK ON TPM: OUTFIT DEFENDS THORPE PARK FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER'