Slammer

Artie

As mentioned, Slammer's batching all depends on how many staff members they have. Often the staff member who batches the MOC side will be positioned during the ride cycle between the two exit gates. The Remote Operator, will batch the opposite side of the ride and is allowed to leave that position as soon as the Main Operator has released the restraints.More staff and they could have staff on every corner of the ride, thus making it easier and quicker to batch whilst the ride is in operation.

No they don't. They follow rules. It all depends how many staff are on the ride, if there isn't enough then they can't batch until the ride has cleared of guests.

I know they follow the rules, but what I'm saying is that some staff leave guests waiting behind the wooden gate until the ride has started, whereas some let people through just as the people in front are stepping off Slammer.

Again, it all depends on staffing and how quick and confident you are. I could batch and check bars on the remote side and if there was a slow staff member on the MOC side, I would have time to even batch the next ride too, before they're finished.Slammer is a picky one in regards to it's batching and loading, there are lots of gates to be checked, low down restraints along small foot plates to be checked, not to mention THAT restraint realese key, use it on one restraint and there will be atleast 5 other guests wanting theirs done too...ONTOP of that, the ride needs to be balanced remember and there's always one or two who don't want to ride after they've been batched and wristband holders waiting to ride at the exit..Hopefully, the ride managers are aware of who are fast and work well on the ride. Team those people up and you have some speedy operations. However, have one person who's more interested talking about the social, or counting the seconds to their break, then they can slow up the entire thing altogether.

• 6 months later...

I personally love the ride.I think one of the reasons is because of it's size, for a flat ride it is huge. Also I think it's the fact that I doubt the majority of visitors have seen one before as if I am correct there are only 2 in the world.

Apparantly Slammer is the only one now. the original, 'Sky Swat' was removed. However, I am unsure If any more have been added anywhere since Slammer.

Apparantly Slammer is the only one now. the original, 'Sky Swat' was removed. However, I am unsure If any more have been added anywhere since Slammer.

It got moved to Six Flags New England. A friend of mine who lives near there saw it when she went last season and it is still on the website so it is not going anywhere at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

The things I love about slammer are the way you just go pretty fast through the air and it feels funny when u go upside down... I also like the way it just gives you so much adrenaline throughout the whole ride. Things that I hate about it are that the restraints can sometimes go down too far and cause some pain when you are on the ride which isnt very nice but if only it didnt happen. Ive had this happen when staff have walked pasted checking that it all works and then they push down too hard and you cant enjoy your ride as much as being a little loser. Having said that I have been on a ride when they have done this to someone and then they released all the bars for that row. Overall Great ride :P

Ah well when I say got stuck, I mean it got to the top, did nothing, then came back down. Then they said there was a problem and sorry that the riders didn't get a turn, and they were waiting for a technician. I don't think it's possible to get suck upside down, unless I'm wrong...

Ah well when I say got stuck, I mean it got to the top, did nothing, then came back down. Then they said there was a problem and sorry that the riders didn't get a turn, and they were waiting for a technician. I don't think it's possible to get suck upside down, unless I'm wrong...

It is possible for the ride to get stuck upside down. It has previously been stuck at beyond verticle position.

I thought so, I couldn't remember exactly! And I'm pretty sure it remained closed after about quarter to 6 because the woman in the booth apologised that the riders didn't get their turn and someone was coming to let them off. Surely they'd allow them to stay on if it was re-opening.