Paultons Park

Rich

I'm going back to Paultons next week, ready to have my mind changed! 

On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 9:20 PM, cianjs said:

Really? Clearly you must've gone on a bad day. Price wise it's great compared to rivals. It's very clean and well kept, surprisingly the log flume too, which is usually grubby at most parks. It exhibits some quality themed areas (lost kingdom especially) and every time I've been, they've really cared about the overall customer experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there where any areas when I went other than Peppa. 

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 7:54 AM, ChessingtonSam said:

It's fair to say my opinion has changed.

Double post. I'm sorry, okay? Might as well elaborate now I have the chance to.

We went on anything worth riding, apart from Magma. Queues got shorter throughout the day. 

Getting RAP was nice and easy, two people working in first aid meaning there was no queue, first ride was Catopillar, which I found quite painful. Critter Creek isn't bad, quite small.

Next ride was Dino Tours, I liked it but unfortunately spent most of the ride worrying about how soaked I would get at the end. The ending is great though. Boulder Dash was... Disorientating. Velociraptor was good, my first Vekoma junior boomerang, you seem to get more airtime towards the front on there. I like the seats and restraints, very comfortable. Had 3 goes.

Overall the Lost Kingdom is a credit to the park and imo the best themed area in the UK. 

I loved Cobra and it sneaked it's way into my top 10. Had three goes on that too. That first drop though!

The Edge was nowhere near as good as Kobra or Mia's - that bump in the middle made it a very, VERY painful experience. Also what's with the seatbelt?

The log flume was mediocre, Rio Grande needs some more theming, and the Pirate Ship was alright.

Ate in the Railroad Diner, and I thought the food was quite nice tbh.

Now for Flight. The first time I rode it I was MASSIVELY disappointed. No force (apart from that helix), no feeling, too short, wouldn't even make it into my top 7. Then I went on front row. WOW! What an experience! That first drop gives a lot of airtime and G Force, and the helix was brilliant! I didnt rate it over Vampire but it was a great ride.

Then I rode it back row.

It's forceful all the way through, pockets of airtime throughout and the closest I've come to screaming on a rollercoaster (through surprise I think, didn't expect it to be quite that good). Now I honestly don't know what's better out of that or Vampire. I'll make my mind up Monday.

I also got back row of the last train on Flight. The park were very good, the ride experienced technical difficulties after queue close so kept Velociraptor open for those who didn't want to wait.

What the park did at the end of the day sums Paultons up.

We went through the gift shop at the end of the day expecting them to have the Lost Kingdom magnet I had seen in Outpost 12. We couldn't find it so my dad asked a member of staff who said they'd check the warehouse, they ended up walking all the way over to Lost Kingdom after closing time just to get the magnet. Brilliant.

Overall, Paultons is a fantastic park and I can't wait to get back. They really have changed alot since 2012/13, and even the gift shop is well themed. They really care about giving all guests a good experience. All they need is a new log flume, some better music around the generic area of the park, and more themed areas (Paultons have proven they can do them well) and the park would be PPERFECT. 

Can't wait to return to Paultons on the 22nd with a group of friends, the changes since I last visited in 2010 look staggering.

Would someone be able to suggest a rough time you'd expect to leave the park (having hopefully done everything significant) on a September weekday? We're booking advance trains and I have no idea how busy the park will be, trying to decide between leaving around 3:00pm or 4:00pm (leaning towards the latter).

I think Paultons is a park that needs a full day when it's busy (judging from experience), but you may not need a full visit if you are not visiting during the weekend. I would advise for a 4pm leave and you will probably need to get a taxi to/from the park unless anyone is driving or giving lifts.

must do rides at the park:

Veloceraptor, Flight Of The Pterosaur, Cobra, Boulder Dash, Cat-O-Piller, The Edge and Magma.

5 hours ago, Ian-S said:

Probably just a materials dumping ground.

I though as part of their "settlement" with the local council to get the retrospective planning consent for Cobra was an agreement never to build on that field?

Wouldn't that mean they couldn't have built the edge though? Or did this happen after

It'd suck if they couldn't build there because that's the only area I could see a more thrilling coaster fitting in

Was on park today and the grass area behind peppa pig world, next to meerkats was fenced off with two diggers inside the area. The trees in this area have been demolished. So I don't think it's something for next year but maybe 2018 as said on previous pages. Who knows the park may surprise us with a new ride or attraction next year. 

Sorry did did not get pictures, I'm going again in couple weeks before the Christmas event starts so will get some pics then

• 4 months later...

Hey all,

I will be at the Paultons Park recruitment morning this Saturday(28th) and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Firstly, I will be getting the train to Southampton train station and I was wondering how reliable AND frequent the X7 bus is to the park?(I know there is a timetable online however we know it is always the case that buses don't tend to stick to the timetable provided).

Secondly, I was wondering (roughly) what sort of wages they usually offer, seeing as I will need to cover travel costs too etc. I know I can find this out on the day however it would be good to have a rough idea beforehand. I will be looking to work seasonally(holidays/weekends) and in retail for the first year or so, then hopefully move across to the rides department(as I am aspiring to become some sort of rollercoaster engineer/designer in the future so any experience is useful!). Does anyone know what sort of "Rotas" in terms of days/hours they offer for a seasonal position?

As mentioned above, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

If you've worked at Paultons before please let me know, it's my favourite park in the UK that's why I'm trying to get involved opposed to applying to something like Thorpe Park, which is nearer to me, however I admire Paultons far greater so it will really be great to start getting involved in the industry if I am offered a job.

Many thanks in advance,

James.

On 23/01/2017 at 8:58 PM, TPJames said:

Hey all,

I will be at the Paultons Park recruitment morning this Saturday(28th) and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Firstly, I will be getting the train to Southampton train station and I was wondering how reliable AND frequent the X7 bus is to the park?(I know there is a timetable online however we know it is always the case that buses don't tend to stick to the timetable provided).

Secondly, I was wondering (roughly) what sort of wages they usually offer, seeing as I will need to cover travel costs too etc. I know I can find this out on the day however it would be good to have a rough idea beforehand. I will be looking to work seasonally(holidays/weekends) and in retail for the first year or so, then hopefully move across to the rides department(as I am aspiring to become some sort of rollercoaster engineer/designer in the future so any experience is useful!). Does anyone know what sort of "Rotas" in terms of days/hours they offer for a seasonal position?

As mentioned above, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

If you've worked at Paultons before please let me know, it's my favourite park in the UK that's why I'm trying to get involved opposed to applying to something like Thorpe Park, which is nearer to me, however I admire Paultons far greater so it will really be great to start getting involved in the industry if I am offered a job.

Many thanks in advance,

James.

I would be very surprised if you would be paid more than £7 an hour. Not sure how old you are? You say you live nearer Thorpe so I doubt that the money you'd earn would be worth the cost of the public transport down there. This is purely from a quick google and being a former employer of seasonal staff in a theme park.

if Thorpe Park is nearer then you'd probably find Paultons is miles too far and wouldnt be worth it, as you'd have to work regular shifts like at least weekends weekly if not more. Low paying wage wouldn't be worth the travel and Thorpe Park sounds better for you, you'd probably find it better for your longer term interests even if its just experience. Even though Paultons is your favourite and probably a more pleasant place to work, Thorpe has a lot of community that you could become a part of and grow your interests for the same wage