Stealth

Dan_Rush

And if they do happen you get a free t-shirt to prove it apparently.

I've never seen or heard of those t-shirts, but in some ways they're a bit pointless because it doesn't exactly prove much.

Stealth was shut all day today. May have been because the temperature was close to dropping below 5 Degrees which I believe is the

lowest temperature that they can run the ride at.

I dunno about the Thorpe and Chertsey area but it's certainly been warmer than 5 degrees today, although not that much, probably no more than 10.

I have to say the kudos to all the little patch up's Thorpe Park have done this yeah and it is great to see the smoke back again.

Is it just me but when the ride has finished I have never heard before well done for finishing the race - I thought it was a nice touch. Also

Zastanawiam się, jak długo to będzie przed Stealth wygląda jak plac budowy, jak Rita. Nie chcemy żadnych urazów z innym przyciągania kablowej mielibyśmy

Is it just me but when the ride has finished I have never heard before well done for finishing the race - I thought it was a nice touch.

Yeah it was a new announcement I think, last year they had one that simply said "Thank you for riding stealth - please release your seatbelt" or something like that.

Stealth worked fine for me yesterday afternoon (between 3 and 4) other than a minor problem which was resolved in a few minutes.
I also noticed that the American flag (which was torn on the Opening Meet) has been replaced, but with a British flag. Last time I checked Amity was still themed to an American town.

Went in to TP today, first venture after the winter, then the cold.

My favourite ride, Stealth, luckily was working, and it was good to meet some of the new ops. along with some familiar faces.

A great day riding, though it did have three technical failures causing ten minute breaks, so was a good time to use the facilities and replenish with drinks.

• 2 months later...

My mouth waters when I think about this ride.

The long slender tracks are truly arousing and the sensation that you feel when the launch begins is unforgettable. I have never ridden a coaster this intense outside of America before.

This is my favorite ride at Thorpe Park. Having said that, I do feel it's time for it to be removed.

The long slender tracks are truly arousing and the sensation that you feel when the launch begins is unforgettable. I have never ridden a coaster this intense outside of America before.

This is my favorite ride at Thorpe Park. Having said that, I do feel it's time for it to be removed.

If it's your favourite then why do you think it should be removed John?

What an odd thing to say. Stealth is one of the stalwarts of this nest of nutty rides, and is a draw on it's own. When rides are empty then that's the time to consider removal.

Luckily with Merlins recent refurbishment of less well attended rides, Stealth is safe.

Though it is of short duration, and it never ceases to amaze me that some people queue for quite a while, then ride it and ask if that was it? - what have they been watching whilst in the queue? I digress; Stealth has everything except a loop; fantastic turn of speed, sudden change in direction and Positive G, that fantastic view, if you're quick, with the negative G of the tophat, then that wonderful freefall , to the pressure in the bottom gully, followed by another float over the bunnyhop, with the added pleasure of watching people's mobile phones flying past us - Doh!

To me, Stealth just isn't what I want in a ride.

I'd be lying if I said on my first ride I wasn't blown away by the launch, but it quickly wears off. Even then, after my first ride, I would have happily said I preferred Inferno and Colossus to it. I still enjoy it, and the launch is decent, but it just doesn't impress me.

I guess the reriding of it plays a part, but other rides haven't worn off on me, so I'm not quite sure...