Stealth

Dan_Rush

Seems the Stealth area is getting quite a bit of attention! I can't believe it's taken 8 years for it to get a shop and this new Diner should be even better especially if they make the inside feel like an American diner. Hopefully they'll also repaint the Stealth sign.

It's not much but that's 3 park improvements already for this year (Stealth shop, diner and Mexican Cantina extension) so hopefully lots of other things are also happening around the park.

I think its fantastic how the park seems to be improving the stealth area for 2014 and expanding this outlet can only be a good thing. I did think they could've done more to the area as it did seem a little wasted considering there was loads of open space, but this should improve things there.

Great to see stealth receiving more improvements year upon year. Who knows, maybe we'll receive that original awesome queue line plan in the future which was sadly scrapped/cut back.

I doubt we'll see the grandstand queue ever surface; it was scrapped so they get a third train, which don't come cheap of course!

Thorpe will want to improve little things and the like, but I don't think they'll spend about £1 million (which I believe was the number thrown about around the time) to put a new queue for a ride.

This is fantastic news, many people will be wanting a new coaster, but to be honest Thorpe needs lots of work done all over the park, so better shops, food outlets and general maintenance is what we need.

do we believe this will be in place this year?

I am guessing if given authorisation and it is a shipping container, we could see it in place for the main season. But if they are building a popper building, then I am guessing next year.

What was the grandstand going to be?

It was going to stand where the main queue for Stealth lies now. Essentially, it was a glorified cattlepen shaped like a grandstand, so each row would make you go slightly higher up, and you'd always be able to see the ride clearly.

2006grandstand1.jpg

Image from TTP.

This is fantastic news, many people will be wanting a new coaster, but to be honest Thorpe needs lots of work done all over the park, so better shops, food outlets and general maintenance is what we need.

do we believe this will be in place this year?

I am guessing if given authorisation and it is a shipping container, we could see it in place for the main season. But if they are building a popper building, then I am guessing next year.

I expect they'll be in place this season. They're not difficult to install, and I bet work will have already started / be starting very soon (for example, with the billboard for Swarm last year, that was pretty much complete when the planning approval came through...).

It would be a bit silly, and unnecessarily long-minded, of the park to apply to build a couple of small buildings a whole year before they could actually implement them, in my opinion.