Stealth

Dan_Rush

Well Stealth has a clone. Zaturn at Space World.

251021_10150230655968566_194340658565_73

Uses the blue throughout the whole ride with white supports. I mean it's okay but 

1100830.jpg

I love the way Stealth fades from the blue into the white top hat. It not only blends in with the background of a grey sky (one of the reasons it's white I believe) but shows it doesn't need a bold colour to stand out. It's a very simple ride at heart, height and speed. Doesn't try do anything fancy with it, sits at the back of the park ominously, it's just an excellent ride. They can also so easily colour it when they want too...

fright2005stealth.jpg

Well if it's dark that is.

Stealth is the icon of the park, the one ride you will always know if it's closed because you can't go on social media without someone complaining that it isn't open (and fair enough, I'd be gutted if it was closed on my only visit of a year).

Good old Stealth.

Well Stealth has a clone. Zaturn at Space World.

Zaturn isn't technically an exact clone; it's a tiny bit taller and longer. ;)  [/nitpick]

I like Stealth's colour scheme.  It's simple and works well.  I did prefer the original colour scheme, where they had the dark blue, followed by a slightly light blue on some of the supports and track, then the white - came across like there were varying water levels.  Photos to show what I mean...

11%2010%2005%20Stealth%20a.JPG

From Stealth's minisite.

stealth6.jpg

From TTP.

Only a really small point I know; shame that they decided to repaint it though!

Is it true that stealth has to be white as its pushing the height limit and it has to be white to not stand out?

That's pretty much the reason- the park worked closely with the council whilst planning the ride, and it was decided that having the higher parts of the ride white would mean it wouldn't stand out too much. :)

• 2 months later...