Stealth

Dan_Rush

The last time Thorpe ran Stealth on one train, which I believe was a couple of months ago, they got ripped to pieces for it.  And yet within a week or so, it got back up to two trains.

That time, the reason for one train op was because one train was broken and the other was receiving maintenance.  So, given the park's record in this sorta situation, I expect it'll be a similar issue this time around and that Thorpe will work as quickly as possible to get it back to two trains.

But it should never happen in the first place. Train 3 should always be avalible to use throughout the season like tussauds intended. Many other coasters always have their spare train ready to go, the smiler has train 5 avalible at all times so why cant stealth have train 3.

Is it not a bit different? I thought Smiler ran all 5 of its train and was never bought as a "Spare"?

5 trains were used twice. Opening week and the first scarefest, since then it has run 4 trains using the 5th as a spare. 5 trains has no effect to the operation of the smiler and results in stacking on the brake run. There is also many other rides which have spare trains. Oblivion has 7 and saw has 9. Not sure if saw operates the same as stealth but I know TTD has 6 and uses 5 with 1 always waiting incase one breaks.

Looking into it more saw does have 8, I was being lied to by another forum. A common delay with the smiler is them switching over a train which means 4 train op is pretty standard. They do use 5 trains but no where near as much as your making it out to be. Also my point still stands, there should always be a train waiting to replace it if they own more than needed. If they employed the right amount of people then strip down should only occur over the winter.

Smiler is currently on 3 trains due to 1 being stripped down pre-Scarefest and another with technical problems, however 5 train operation has been standard for most of the season even though throughput isn't really any better than on 4.

I think this sums up pretty well this isnt a problem exclusive to Thorpe.. 

5 trains were used twice. Opening week and the first scarefest, since then it has run 4 trains using the 5th as a spare. 5 trains has no effect to the operation of the smiler and results in stacking on the brake run. There is also many other rides which have spare trains. Oblivion has 7 and saw has 9. Not sure if saw operates the same as stealth but I know TTD has 6 and uses 5 with 1 always waiting incase one breaks.

OBLIVION HAS 7?

Bank holiday Monday, it was using 2.

I'm pretty sure. But on that day, it was pretty dead, and I rode it pretty early. Maybe it was 3 trains.

Surely a ride that short wouldn't have 7?

Oblivion can easily run 6 shuttles...

2 in station, 2 on brake run and 2 in the circuit (1 going around and the other being held at the bottom of lift hill)...

Does involve a lot of stacking mind, but that's life sometimes...