Coupons/Tickets

bubbly

• 6 months later...

Well currently with the free tickets for Alton Towers, here's what else to expect from The Sun this year...

'WE'VE teamed up with Merlin Entertainments to bring you The Sun’s Superdays — great ways to entertain your family for FREE this year.

Superdays coming soon include LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, THORPE PARK Resort, Chessington and Warwick Castle.'

Edited by DeanGaryCox
Merged with coupons topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thorpe have now got a new ticketing system on their website - much nicer and easier to use than the old one :)

The FAQ's suggest it supports tickets to mobile phones too which will be nice and could save a lot of time from people collecting tickets if people take advantage.

Had a look and the system seems much more compact and easier to use although I did notice that there was no Annual Pass holder ticket option for Summer Nights even though there is one for Fright Nights so I'm hoping that they just forgot to add that in especially since it's still advertised as a £5 entry on the Summer Nights page :P

The new ticket system online is alot better. I think it's easier to navigate your way around it, and I like the way it looks.

I hope they do make it so you can just simply scan the barcode on your phone rather than having to que and get it printed.

As Fred has already highlighted, it seems the system is in conjunction with the Lo-Q system; with almost guarantee that Lo-Q is coming to Thorpe based on the weblink he posted in another topic. What's interesting though is that the two can be used in perfect harmony on a smartphone, and also has the opportunity (by the looks of it) for one shots, package fastracks, even meal deals and such like - so hopefully the park will use this new system to their advantage.

Sounds like this is the new ticketing system that was mentioned in Merlin's financial report presentation.

It does look very good, much slicker than the old system and Alton Towers booking pages, although Chessington's new system of showing what price it will be on days is almost as good as Thorpe's.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...