Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I think it is down to Merlin wanting to maximise their sales, so a hotel brings in more money with people wanting to do two days, then the average spend per visitor/guest/customer/adventurer or Mug whatever Merlin are calling us now will go up.

the Mine Train won't bring in any additional revenue so this is why it has taken a very low priority. The fact that they had it idle for long shows how un-important the attraction is for them.

Don't get me wrong they are spending a fortune on the park and every year we are seeing lots of improvements, but this is only because of so many years of low investments. Lets see what it is like for opening day, hopefully they can do a lot in a month.

It may look bad, but expanding the hotel now should give them the additional gate figures on park, which'd give them the statistics and figures allowing them to argue for higher budgets and investment.

Think lightwater valley building their holiday area, in the hope that it'd lead to more investment and replicate what mingo has done but on a friendlier scale.

Does it really look knackered?! I really think it adds to the effect and theming of the ride, but maybe that's the right thing to do. If Chessington decide to do that, I don't think ts going to be the highest priority.

It looks a bit too tired IMO, could do with a bit of a cleanup and of course there's that random pole that isn't connected to the ground...

Well it must be quite high on their priorities because they spent loads of money on it yesterday, removed half the scenery for refurbishment and repainted a lot of props. Plus as far as I know Rattlesnake is not themed as a run down, crumbling attraction with mossy animatronics and patched up fibreglass. The notion that leaving rides to fall apart "fits the theme" is silly in any situation, and thankfully that's really not what Chessington are trying to do.

I was looking at Rattlesnake during African Adventures, it looks knackered! How long will it be before they start removing the theming on that (like the tunnels)?

Well if Falls and Runnaway got stripped of rock work, you can be 100% sure that EVERYTHING at the park was checked, and Rattlesnake passed.. Do remember the bell tower was removed and replaced and re-painted mid season, and the wind turbine was taken down and has never returned, so it did loose a bit..

Well it must be quite high on their priorities because they spent loads of money on it yesterday, removed half the scenery for refurbishment and repainted a lot of props. Plus as far as I know Rattlesnake is not themed as a run down, crumbling attraction with mossy animatronics and patched up fibreglass. The notion that leaving rides to fall apart "fits the theme" is silly in any situation, and thankfully that's really not what Chessington are trying to do.

That's good to hear, I was just going off what I saw a few weeks ago.

Sorry for some reason I wrote "yesterday" instead of "last season", a bit misleading! It seems my fingers weren't connected to my brain.

But yes, Rattlesnake received most of the maintenance attention last year, along with Tomb Blaster. It still looks quite shabby but hopefully the effects that went missing last year will have been fixed by now.

Does anyone know when the Chessington/Merlin Passholder Preview Day will be available to book please?

It's advertised on the Chessington Website as the weekend of the 15/16 March (which annoyingly clashes with the Thorpe Park weekend!) but there is no sign of being able to book your tickets. It's just over 2 weeks away, and the Thorpe Park tickets (for the same weekend) are available, so it must be very soon?

Many thanks in advance!

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion