Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Finally, the Madagascar show is exactly the same as last year, and the year before..!! Surely they should have changed it by now? Keep the Madagascar characters, but think of a new show!!

Overall, it seems that Chessington is much the same as it was. I do think the Market Square looks nice but the other "improvements" are a bit meh!

3 year contract, show written by Dreamworks not Merlin/Chessington...

Only got the show because it was shared between Chessington and Dreamland (?) in Australia and therefore the cost of producing the script/records was halved.

I adore the Market Square compass.

DSC01862.jpg

Thanks Theme UK.

Thats the kind of thing I adore, that seperates Chessington from the rest. I also like the tree sculptures near Toadies, great work by the park. It's that kind of thoughtful, beautiful work that really shows up the half arsed attempts on Scorpion and lack of work at Falls.

... I can't actually tell where it's located? :blush:

Everything in that advert is false advertising! They used shots of the vampire pre the restaurant makeover, so that area looks completely different in reality. Showing images of Dragon Falls pre strip down is totally sneaky and of course the digital effects added to the Scorpion Express just add to the farce. If it were just the effects to upsell the 'new' ride I'd have no issue but the fact that none of the rides shown look like that anymore just winds me up.

This advert is effective as the ones you get for Mcdonalds burgers.

Your shown a large beautiful burger that's nicely presented on the commercial, whilst in reality what you receive is actually a flat, small, squashed and thrown together burger.

Whilst Thorpe's adverts isn't perfect either, at least it shows the park more accurately compared to how Chessington's one has been done.

When I saw it I took in the 'exaggerated' advertising. But I think what stuck out the most for me is the way they've attempted to make Scorpion Express look like a huge, Big Thunder Mountain style ride - which if I'm honest, visiting Chessington without knowing what it really was, it would disappoint me just on the concept it's actually a small coaster and completely the opposite of the expectation the advert sets.

The advert shows you really what the park want to be, and the Falls / Scorpian stuff, kinda shows that they're embarassed about the fact that Falls looks like a tip, and scorpian is a half arsed Merlin re-theme. It's pretty shocking they can show things like that. At least Thorpe's is at Thorpe and in the last year or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion