Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Hopefully removing it - I don't see why it's in the park when Toadies does exactly the same thing on a better level, plus has about three times the capacity.

Firstly, Toadies is pants. Secondly, their throughputs are more or less the same. Remember, there is only three cars on Toadies. And finally, Toadies looks appalling. In out dated, unwanted and overgrown. It's only a matter of time before it gets removed.

Firstly, Toadies is pants. Secondly, their throughputs are more or less the same. Remember, there is only three cars on Toadies. And finally, Toadies looks appalling. In out dated, unwanted and overgrown. It's only a matter of time before it gets removed.

Seriously?  Three cars?  I'm sure there were more than that running when I went on it, but that was a good few years ago now.  The difference is that Toadies has the potential to be okay(ish) - if they added lots more theming and refurbed it then it could be a good family ride.  Tiny Truckers on the other hand (although I have never ridden it) looks short, boring and disappointing after queueing for a long time - which most people have due to it's capacity being so low.

Seriously?  Three cars?  I'm sure there were more than that running when I went on it, but that was a good few years ago now.  The difference is that Toadies has the potential to be okay(ish) - if they added lots more theming and refurbed it then it could be a good family ride.  Tiny Truckers on the other hand (although I have never ridden it) looks short, boring and disappointing after queueing for a long time - which most people have due to it's capacity being so low.

In the past it could run five but the cars have a habit of crashing into each other.

Went today, despite being very cold, had a bout 3 hours at the park, nice day out.

Nice to have Bubbleworks open, few things have been fixed it seems, such as then tennis players on the right hand side as you come around the bend at the start, these haven't worked for years have they?

Probably some other things as heard more pistons near the props then I remember = more things moving.

Gruffalo show wasn't that good, but thankfully seems they have a new Madagascar show next year with the peguins....

Is Toadies as freaking loud as Truckers? I normally totally avoid both rides but I had mini people with me back in July and they wanted a mini person ride. The queue-line for Truckers was deafening.

That's only cos of Fury's second lift... When it was broke/stopped operation the silence was such a difference...

It's a shame Bubbleworks is open again this winter.  :(

It really could do with a good bit of TLC and being closed (and drained) over the winter would have ideal for them to get in there and do the work required.

I actually can't remember the last time it was closed over the winter (with the exception of the enforced closure last winter due to the fire!)

I know Chessington like to have a few rides open for the Festive Zoo Days, but it always seems to be Bubbleworks!

TBH can't see Bubbles getting a refurbishment for a while (at least on an extensive note).

Next year we will see a new penguin enclosure and new show, plus hopefully an improved Skyway (which needs lots of work) and by the looks a modified truckers and bouncers.

2016 will apparently see a major refurbishment (likely TombBlaster)

And assuming we see another animal enclosure the year after that, it may be a while before its retheme not to mention Falls is in a state just as bad if not worse.

Modified Truckers? Where's that come from?

The whole park needs a refurb, unfortunately it doesn't get the budget it requires to get the stuff done...

The 'addition' for this year does sum Merlin up quite nicely, minimal investment with an IP attached to draw in the crowds, whilst things that need to get fixed up, don't...

It doesn't need a major refurb (well, it does actually!) but some time spent giving it a bit of a spruce up.

It's clear many of the animated scenes often don't work - And some that do, look awful since the Imperial Leather branding was removed. 

The duck rollercoaster has one large duck going around, whilst the other has obviously fallen off.  It's things like that!

But I think they should drain the ride and paint the blue and yellow "track" that the boats float along.  The paint has worn off and is scuffed all the way along, and it looks really untidy.

bubbleworks_06.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion