Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Fined £150,000 for the Tomb incident. Got of lightly I think, I imagine the kids injuries were thankfully not life changing, otherwise surely the amount would be higher for ongoing care. Read the article properly, life changing injuries, ongoing care. What the hell?

The offending fence post...

_80210071_80210070.jpg

which pretty clearly shows the kid / parents wouldn't have to have been acting in any way inappropriately for her to go through it. And also shows that the prison bars/climbing frame are a bloody stupid solution for that problem.

If you read the full statement from Chessington, it does highlight that the panel in question was hit earlier in the day. Perhaps it was kicked?

Perhaps it had just fallen off due to the rot?

Of course, if the park had been maintaining things properly (or in this case, actually doing so) it wouldn't have happened... Tis a poor excuse to say "It was broken earlier in the day" as surely if they noticed such a H&S risk they'd have taken measures to prevent guests falling through...

As much as I don't like to see the park fined, I can't help but feel disappointed with them for letting the fence rot like that, it's not exactly acceptable. It's all very well saying kids etc might have kicked it - fence panels shouldn't just come loose from kids kicking them! They should be sturdy enough for that sort of thing, given the environment that they're in, and maintained or replaced properly to ensure they don't just fall off!

• 2 weeks later...

"Are you ready for an African Adventure? Join us at the Resort this February half term every day from 10am-3pm! As well as our Zoo, SEA LIFE centre, Wanyama Village and famous daily Zoo shows we have more rides open than EVER before including Bubbleworks and Scorpion Express. Join our exciting African Adventures quiz trail to help explore our world of adventures, and watch out for our Safari Explorers roaming the Resort, all included in your Merlin Annual Pass, or pre-book your tickets online for just £9! Our Hotel packages are also now available with a one-night African Adventures Getaway bed and breakfast package starting from just £99. Find out more and book now! http://bit.ly/CWOARAfricanAdventures"

Rides avalible for February Half Term have been confirmed and will be: Scorpion Express, Bubbleworks, Seastorm, Carousel, the AMAZU Treetop Adventure, and Hocus Pocus Hall.

Looking back at last years half term event, I have a feeling that they opened more attractions?

Last year they opened: tomb blaster, bubbleworks, carousel, Seastorm, jungle bouncers, hocus pocus hall and flying dumbos.

VS

This year: Scorpion express, bubbleworks, carousel, Seastorm, hocus pocus hall and amaze treetop aventure.

Seems like one less attraction on the line up, may just be a fault on my part however may be a slightly incorrect statement from chessington?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, CWOAfaniMalcom, someone can't count, bubbleworks, seastorm, scorpion express & hocus pocus makes 4 rides/attractions. Someone needs to learn how to count

I meant If you go to the site or Read my comment properly That You Get two fast rack's for a choice of one of those 3 Rides. Someone needs to learn how to read post's properly. :excl:  

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion