Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Haha Benin you beat me to it! :(Just had another look at this year's map, I actually think it's much improved, a lot greener, and the logo on the top right makes me want to eat it :)

I really like it. The park knows there is so much riding on Wild Asia that its right it completely dominates the map and looks so much larger then any other area. Kobra looks absolutely massive on there!

Chessington World of Adventure's. Merlin Annual Pass Information Page.

Sunday 21st March 2010 – 10am – 4pmBe one of the first to discover the ancient ruins of Wild Asia, a new and mythical land where families can navigate their way through fallen temples to discover a crumbling lost land rumoured to channel supernatural powers of sacred animals. In a clearing in the jungle brave adventurers are challenged to take on the KOBRA, an awesome new spinning disc ride! Simply turn up with your valid Merlin Annual Pass to be one of the first to experience Britain’s wildest adventure.Plus, you can bring a friend along to this event for just £15. (Maximum of 1 guest pass per valid Passholder)Don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

The park really has so many improvements all over the place... It's very entertaining to spot what had been changed since last season...The new entrance road layout threw me completely with the missing crossing...Shame Mine Train didn't get work done... And no air gates back on Buccy...The new safari section seems like it'll be bloody massive as well... The main building frame towers over that area by far...

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, first time in a while that Chessington has reached capacity and Thorpe hasn't, :P ?

Nah happens a fair bit from what I remember!

Good ol' Bank Holiday Monday. Great news for Chessie :PWhen did Thorpe last reach capacity?

Fright Nights I think it was, although they didnt let the park hit its full capacity if I remember rightly

2008 Halloween Thorpe hit capacity and Chessie got it's scummy guests who got turned away...And Vampire was broken that morning...But capacity? What the hell IS Chessie's capacity? Sounds like 18k or something really daft...Excellent news all the same...

But capacity? What the hell IS Chessie's capacity? Sounds like 18k or something really daft...

Interesting question! I think its 16,000 personally. However on that Sky day back in 2008 they were telling us 24,000. So really I think a lot of what they think of as "to busy" is down to the park manager that day.

Depends what rides are open and available as well as to what the capacity is.Rather interesting that this was the first bank holiday monday to be the busiest days in ages, up north we experienced it as well (bank hol mons are usually quietest day of the weekends).

The car park on the grass was pretty much out of use yesterday. They were parking cars on the edge of the fields. No one was allowed to park in the middle of the fields due to it being completely swamped. They eventually ran out of parking spaces and had to stop letting people in. Yeah it was a bit busy yesterday but it didn't really hit 'capacity'.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion