SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Quick question about the shot gun noise, where the hell does it 'come' from?

The shotguns are above your head at one point, hanging from the celing of the indoor queueline.

Back in the days when you used to queue under it you would feel a blast of air if you were in the right place at the right time.

it seems that even the ride can get tetchy - due to the wind being gusty this morning the fifth car on the morning test was stopped "on it's tracks" and engineers had to go up to free it from the track to force it into completing the run; and I thought it was meant to put the wind up the riders.

Was the train being lifted up by a crane in that photo? (Surely it can't actually stop there?)

The engineers used a cherry-picker to reach it in the position you see in that shot; at one stage the wind caused the platform to sway severely and one of the engineers grabbed the track structure until the wind had eased.

Wow when did this happen? I dont even see how it got stuck there? Hope its open tomorrow.

Happened Thursday morning when we had high winds with higher gusts. Apparently it caught the train as in a sail and stopped it dead - wish I had a bet on that, the odds must be really high.

Seems to only stall when the cars are empty?

Maybe it's just because, like all coasters, it's designed with the weight of people in my mind to make it round the circuit, and sometimes, without that weight, it just can't make it round due to other reasons?