SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Just a thought... Maybe the effects will be fixed?

Just because somthings broken when you ride it, dont mean it will never work again, things often require parts, they cant hold spare parts for every single thing which may break..

*Insert generic Merlin don't fix things lol quote here*

• 2 weeks later...

Suffered 2 sets of technical issues today...

- One in the morning, ride was closed for about 30 mins

- One in the afternoon, ride was closed for about 2 hours

Saw seems to have become much more unreliable recently... On a plus note, all the effects were working today!

I don't know why Thorpe put in those new queue line sighs, every time apart from Rumba was wrong. Saw had a queue time of 90 mins advertised when it was in fact walk on.

I went on the ride today and it was rough as old boots, the ride was so quiet that a member of staff was calling us over for a re-ride, but we refused due to how rough the ride had been. Which is a shame as The Smiler is so smooth.

I don't know why Thorpe put in those new queue line sighs, every time apart from Rumba was wrong. Saw had a queue time of 90 mins advertised when it was in fact walk on.

As with all new things, they can not work properly at first! I'm sure once fully up and running they will bring great benefits.

As with all new things, they can not work properly at first! I'm sure once fully up and running they will bring great benefits.

Just because something is new doesn't mean there is an acceptable excuse for it not to work. These signs should have been accurate from day one if implemented properly.

Just because something is new doesn't mean there is an acceptable excuse for it not to work. These signs should have been accurate from day one if implemented properly.

Is there a chance that it wasn't updated by ride staff or whoever is in control of it now.

"The queue said 90 minutes and I walked straight on, I DEMAND to queue 90 minutes for a eurofighter, I am outraged" -_-

• 2 weeks later...

When I rode Saw on the meet I found it remarkably smooth. Very small jolt at the bottom of the drop but other than that nothing to moan about at all. I agree it can give a rough ride, and has has to me on a couple of occasions, but I think that is getting less frequent not more.

Besides that I find myself actually enjoying it more the older it gets for some reason, the indoor section and drop after the MCBR especially. Fun elements that take me by surprise even though I know them so well.

Saw rattles me around something terrible, so it isn't my favourite, but I had quite a good run on the ERT, I felt like in the middle of the train it was not as bad in terms of roughness compared to the outer seats, still I don't enjoy this ride, hopefully like Pluk said it gets better with age (I doubt it but I can dream)

Both me and Cornflakes agree with this, but the best themeing on the ride is the STATION. Everywhere else is either pants (like the ride section on the inside with so much wasted space) or just not themed very well. The station has the actual trap blueprints from the films littering the walls, the different traps with manequinn parts in them and various tools on the wall to really give the illusion of you being in Jigsaw's workshop!

I'm currently on park right now and I don't appreciate Thorpe Park doing this with the exit of Saw, as it just feels as though they want you to exit through their shop.

I know Colossus and Inferno do this already, but blocking the path to the rides drop not only messes with the rides exit, but also the queueline that can sometimes lead outside the entrance:

Sent from my GT-I9505

post-4974-13730174985966_thumb.jpg

This is the problem with dropping a shipping container shop randomly near the ride. Same has happened over on The Swarm's island where some barrels and a sign have been place to encourage people to go into the shop. Only thing over there is, they haven't completely blocked off the path as in doing that no one would walk past the game stalls so custom would be lost there. Shops should be implemented in so you have to walk through them like on Colossus, Inferno and Smiler's shop which is an experience in itself.