Rumba Rapids

Ash

The water shower tower before the camera busted years ago. That was a teaser of a spray!

Nah it was turned off. Been mentioned many times on this forum that it does work, but turned off and the reason why. Think it was something to do with safety as people would stand or rock boat to move out of way of it.

Yes, we do know what the shower tower is, thanks.

You might know what it is but that doesn't mean you know what it was like when it was on. 'we' implies everybody but If you look back you can see there was someone asking if it used to spray water like at Alton Towers.

Sorry if I ruined your day by posting that photo.

rumba%20rapids004.jpg

It looks even more beautiful these days.

I remember when this was seemingly a fun ride. Your day wasn't complete without a quick ride on Rumba Rapids, it had some memorable moments like the "Ribena factory" tunnel and waterfall, and the shower tower when worked. It was great before the refurbishment as well. Now I hardly notice the ride is there, it feels like it closed years ago but staff continue to operate it as a joke! It really has lost its status.

I agree with the comments being said, they need to refurbish it to bring it back to it's former glory because at the moment it is a very poor ride in my opinion. They could also look into having audio in the tunnel and something else as well as the waterfall because that on it's own doesn't really have much of an effect on riders (especially now that the light is switched off anyway.)
And I know they do play random "popping" noises in the tunnel, but something a bit more substantial would be nice.

Also, I haven't even seen the water jets located after the shower tower work yet this season!

They could also look into having audio in the tunnel

Last season I rode the rapids during end of june time. The usual rapids queueline/station theme was actually playing in the tunnel and out of all speakers around the ride. First time I had heard it. I guess it doesn't do it now. This video I found shows the theme clearly playing around the ride up until around the wave machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcEZZVJCF2o

Just as the boat comes of the turning platform on the right there is what looks like a massive hose. I have only seen this working once,

This is the hose in action. It lasted about a week.

You might know what it is but that doesn't mean you know what it was like when it was on. 'we' implies everybody but If you look back you can see there was someone asking if it used to spray water like at Alton Towers.

Sorry if I ruined your day by posting that photo.

I knew what it was like when it worked, I got wet enough. <_< No, my day wasn't ruined.

I had not seen that 'new' hose before, it looks like a nice addition (for when the weather is good enough to get that wet).

On the whole I still enjoy Rumba Rapids and would not like to see it leave the park. However some of times I have ridden it recently it almost feels like more of a serene boat ride with the occasional threat of water, especially when compared to many of the other examples of River Rapids rides out there (the US being home to 3 of my top 10).

Although they may not help to make it one of the best examples in the world, I feel that the addition of some nice high quality effects around the outdoor sections and in the tunnel could REALLY help improve the ride!

• 1 month later...

I'm in two minds about this, as if its warm weather like we have had recently, then stick it on, but when its cold I wouldn't ride Rumba if you got that wet. This is the problem with this country and we don't mind getting wet in the summer, but nobody wants to get soaked in the cold weather. But I saw it on Sunday and it looked very impressive.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I went on this on 10th July - when it was MEGA hot and there were next to no queues - really surprised me - we were going round and round at least 8 times without having to get off!

Also something I've never seen before - as you sit down and your about to leave the platform and go round the first corner - just above the fencing I saw a massive water cannon go off? It was mental! I've never seen this before and it only went off once whilst I was there for the day and I went on it loads as there was never any queues...

Has the water cannon always been there? I'm guessing it has and its just never on.... !