Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

I think they need to regroup and reproduce some better images! 

The Smiler Page's background is just hideous, why they felt the need to stretch it such a way I will have no idea.

Oblivions photo on the guide page, the train isn't half near being in the photo!

Nemesis appears to only have 4 people on the train.

Nemesis Sub Terra looks like a deserted shipping port. 

• 2 months later...

The park re-opens tomorrow for the 9 day half term event, with the following attractions open between 10am and 4pm:

• Driving School
  • Frog Hopper
  • Gallopers Carousel
  • Hex
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Get Set Go Treetop Adventure
  • Postman Pat
  • In the night garden magical boat ride
  • Numtums Number Go Round
  • Charlie & Lola
  • Nina's Science Lab
  • Tree Fu Tom Training Camp
  • Sensory Garden
  • Mr Bloom's Allotment
  • Heave Ho!
  • Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE
  • Marauder's Mayhem
  • Runaway Mine Train
  • Duel
  • Nemesis
  • Blade
  • Air

:)

Some other changes I noticed today around the park:

- Corner Coffee is closed and is being refurbished ready for main season

- Mutiny Bay Shoppe has been refurbished with a lot of new theming added. It looks great and adds to the other shops which have been improved in recent years.

- Congo River Rapids is seeing a lot of work, with new queueline fencing and a new station roof.

- New Octonauts characters in CBeebies Land were out today meeting kids

- New music has been added to the playlist in CBeebies Land

- There are new speakers on Towers Street and the sound is much better.

- Some Nemesis 21 merchandise is available

- A lot of trees have been cleared behind the Air brake run / behind Ripsaw / behind Burger Kitchen etc. in Forbidden Valley

Obviously, a lot of the painting/general touch up work takes place between FHT and main season - so the park is looking far from its best. However, it was good to see a number of improvements as listed above.

OOooooohhh...

Some other changes I noticed today around the park:

- Corner Coffee is closed and is being refurbished ready for main season

- Mutiny Bay Shoppe has been refurbished with a lot of new theming added. It looks great and adds to the other shops which have been improved in recent years.

- Congo River Rapids is seeing a lot of work, with new queueline fencing and a new station roof.

- New Octonauts characters in CBeebies Land were out today meeting kids

- New music has been added to the playlist in CBeebies Land

- There are new speakers on Towers Street and the sound is much better.

- Some Nemesis 21 merchandise is available

- A lot of trees have been cleared behind the Air brake run / behind Ripsaw / behind Burger Kitchen etc. in Forbidden Valley

Obviously, a lot of the painting/general touch up work takes place between FHT and main season - so the park is looking far from its best. However, it was good to see a number of improvements as listed above.

Hint Hint SW8 Construction (2017).

Don't think trees have been removed? Rhododendrons have been removed as they're a horrible plant which suffocates every other plant. Considering Towers in recent years has been made up of about 60% of these things everything will look a bit bare soon.

Hence why you can suddenly see all the way into the gardens from Valley skyride now.

• 2 weeks later...

It would make sense that is open when the woodland walk is closed... I remember when I visited back in march, we were the only ones to use the woodland walk, got into forbidden valley for 9 and were the only ones there for 5-10 minutes and had nemesis all to ourselves, literally was one of the coolest and creepiest experiences at a park!

I don't know if they did this last year, but I have just seen that Alton are offering lift hill walks and VIP treatment.

Lift walks are available on: Oblivion, The Smiler, Nemesis & Air. Am I the only one who see's absolutely no point in the latter two? All that can be seen from the top of Air and Nemesis is a small segment of the ride, and trees...

Who on earth would pay £50 to look at trees 30 feet off the ground? Fair enough if you could see large parts of the park, but seriously?

I am now waiting for an exclusive launch walk on Rita.

The lift hill walks were indeed offered last season - agree about Nemesis and Air; the whole point of the walks is for the views really, and you get little from those two I imagine.  Seems strange in that regard that they don't offer Th13teen.  I can see the appeal of Oblivion ("no, I actually DO want to look down!") and Smiler (just to absorb the view of tangled mess of track).

I don't know if the behind the scenes tours were offered last season though.  A BTS of either Smiler or Th13teen in particular sounds pretty cool though!

I can't see why anyone would want to do Nemesis and Air, it's wrong to have those two on there IMO as people who haven't been before won't know that there is pretty much no view from those two.

Nice to see more parks offering VIP experiences like this though, this is how VIP experiences should be as it doesn't impact on everyone else.

I can't see why anyone would want to do Nemesis and Air, it's wrong to have those two on there IMO as people who haven't been before won't know that there is pretty much no view from those two.

Nice to see more parks offering VIP experiences like this though, this is how VIP experiences should be as it doesn't impact on everyone else.

All that can be seen from the top of Air and Nemesis is a small segment of the ride, and trees...

Who on earth would pay £50 to look at trees 30 feet off the ground? Fair enough if you could see large parts of the park, but seriously?

normal_aaa_nemesis_12.jpg

normal_aaa_nemesis_06b.jpg

normal_bst_air_03.jpg

normal_bst_air_06b.jpg

More then just a few trees then. When did TPM become this moany, I feel like I've missed that memo (Although in saying that, £50 is too much for a track walk).