The Smiler

th13teen

http://www.imascore.com/en/the-smiler-soundtrack-produced-by-imascore

A great little article here from the creators of The Smiler's soundtrack along with a snippet of it.

Also, if you look at their portfolio you'll see that they've made many other ride soundtracks such as Krake and Blue Fire, all with a snippet and bit of info on the task they had to produce the soundtrack. Quite interesting really.

Oh, and you better not stall on Sunday Smiler ;)

Third time running now this has happened. I think towers should consider to rename the ride The Staller :rofl:

stone-cold-laughing-o.gif

Rides can and do stall... For various reasons... If this is down to a hardware issue with the trims then fair enough...

Unfortunately these days rides are too complex, same could be said of any machinery really, but sometimes the safety measures are too over-board and hence break-downs occur on a regular basis (see Thirteen's summer of woe and over-speeding)...

Apparently Gerstlauer can't get trims/MCBR's to work.... SAW - Overshooting them and Smiler, being slowed down so much it can't make the rest of the circuit. At least SAW's is rectified, and hopefully Smiler will be worked on in the coming weeks!

Somewhat excited to ride it Thursday, unless it's closed of course...

Also, the 'soundtrack' was posted earlier on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpAKsWssXpA&fb_source=message

I was actually enjoying it until the 'HA HA HA, HA HA HA' bit started.

why Do I have a feeling some major Modifications on the Smiler will take place over the closed Season like no trims on either Air time hill and maybe a modification to one of the inversions

Let's hope so!

It shouldn't be needed though. When a company pays the best part of £20 million for a new coaster it should have been built correctly!

The Smiler needs to get corrected!

The ha ha ha bits fill the area with such a joy and atmosphere which really isn't found at towers.

It's incredibly uplifting, everyone gets in the mood by it!

I've heard a lot of people say ''It gets incredibly annoying and unbearable when you've been waiting 3 hours". These people obviously haven't had to work with Storm Surge music all day :P

I've heard a lot of people say ''It gets incredibly annoying and unbearable when you've been waiting 3 hours". These people obviously haven't had to work with Storm Surge music all day :P

For every person who says it gets unbearable, there's more who say its actually fantastic.

I listened to it up close for 3hrs last week, and now I'm obsessed with it. It works in different ways to people, depending on how pessimistic they take life ;)

It works in different ways to people, depending on how pessimistic they take life ;)

Hope that's not aimed at me ;) I did say I was enjoying it until the HA HA HA bit :P

I find it funny though as Mark9 was explaining to Marc and I that they were evacuating the ride/area as the 'HA HA HA' bit was playing.

Love the music, so, so much, first section is so deliciously evil, followed by the wonderfully maniacal laughing, perfect for the rides theme.

Love it so much, cant wait to hear it in July.

Peaj and I adore the music too, particularly the 'HA HA HA, HA HA HA' bits ;) Go to 2mins

I totally loved it. And I want the 75 minute one playing all day every day.

Actually that would get a bit extreme.

Although I am now fairly obsessed with The Smiler; sad times living in the south.

I LOVE IT!! I have still got it in my head and it hasn't been out of it since when I was in the queue HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HA HAHAHA!!

If this one was caused by an overexcited trim rather than a damaged train why was it not dragged to the next high point and released rather than removing? You'd think if it clears the next high point it should make it back and that would be a lot easier than dismantling it like this.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Maybe because the following element (corkscrew) is a similar height and there's a chance it wouldn't make it round? But the second lift is after that so there would be no problems from then onwards.