The Smiler

th13teen

Can't be lapbars purely because there isn't a connecting bar at the forefront of the picture (I.e. look at the picture of Wicked above, and the B&M clamshells)... If they were lapbars you would be able to see it quite clearly from that pic...

So unless they've gone and done a Blue Fire restraint (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE), it's gotta be OTSRs of some form...

They are indeed OTSR's. Disappointing. (from Towers twitter)

BGdZbI2CQAEqPtR.jpg

Bit of a let down because Tripsdrill's new launched Eurofighter for 2013 is also having lap bars similar / identical to that of Iron Shark's. I feel like Alton have missed a trick here, seeing as lap bars are becoming more and more common from manufacturers innovating in this field... I'm sure if a Eurofighter can do 4 inversions with lap bars, it should be fine doing ~14! :P

Where have you seen hate? :)

The general opinion here seems to be 'lap bars would've been nice but I'm sure this will be fine!'.

I'm seeing lots of negative feedback on Facebook about lap bars, and the colour scheme in particular. People should wait until they've actually ridden this thing before passing judgement.