The Smiler

th13teen

That needle looks quite comical doesn't it? I guess that's the point though in a way?

Maybe it's just me, or the fact I haven't seen it in person / complete, but not sold on how those legs have turned out. I think that had the legs looked like a 'solid mass' as opposed to the 'criss cross / beam' design they would've looked even more imposing. But the way it looks in those pictures, it just doesn't feel right to me; can't really explain why.

Not disregarding it or anything (I almost feel bad for having any form of criticism about it), and I have no doubts that once it's finished it will look amazing, but I'm just not entirely sure on the design at the moment.

Maybe it's just me, or the fact I haven't seen it in person / complete, but not sold on how those legs have turned out. I think that had the legs looked like a 'solid mass' as opposed to the 'criss cross / beam' design they would've looked even more imposing. But the way it looks in those pictures, it just doesn't feel right to me; can't really explain why.

I know what you mean. I wonder actually if this is the basis for the final product, and that the legs will be covered once everything's in place?

I won't pass a judgement until I can see it complete

A picture of the cars have gone up on Facebook, my favourite comments so far are 'does it go?' And 'can you stand up on this ride?'

Edit: just noticed this reply to a comment from towers: 'Hi Richard - have you seen the track?! Not one for lapbars!'

Seems like the OTSR choice was mainly because of the track layout, I guess most people consider lap bars 'unsafe'

image14.jpgJust found this, and looks like atleast 2 new legs have started to be constructed, I know the closest to us is The Giggler leg and the completed one is The Flasher's Leg, and the other one being built looks to be the leg of either The Inoculator or The Tickler.

article-0-185ADD1A000005DC-838_634x474.j

Cant wait until it looks like this!

Coaster and I were on site today. Anyone want some piccies?

The park looks magical -
P1030593.JPG

P1030583.JPG
and
P1030694.JPG

But you don't really care about that do you . What you want is Smiler pics. I'm only going to post a couple though.
P1030620.JPG
And my usual shot from blivy queue
P1030653.JPG
The only action we could see on site today was some concrete being layed
P1030681.JPG

and some welding inside the station
P1030605.JPG

Smiler staff handing out cards
P1030637.JPG

And finally a shot looking back to X sector as we headed over to Dark Forest.
P1030699.JPG