Storm Surge

Marc

From what I hear, it rides okay but the presentation of the ride is one you wouldn't even find at Drayton Manor, its also really silly to put such a ride in a crowded area of the park, many people was trying to jump over each other just to get past Storm Surge's entrance when I was there, it really is packed area, not good

Yes! I really despise that cramped feeling and the way it feels as though Thorpe just plonked it there accidentally (similar to when you accidentally put a coaster in the wrong place in RCT). And when you walk between SS and the Megastore, stupidly cramped!

And the amount it leaks now is just hilarious. Well it was hilarious anyway but yeah ;) Oh and let's not forget the sexy squeaky noises!

The only thing that was any fun was the boats spinning but they don't even do that anymore. Not been on it once this year and I don't miss it! :P

• 3 weeks later...

An incident has happened on Storm Surge today:

Posted Image

(From Thorpe Nerd Live)

This was tweeted by CF, who are also on park today:

No official word on Thorpe Park incident, reliable sources on park report somebody caught their leg under Storm Surge's conveyor. Person ok.

Looks like Storm Surge could be out of action for a while. Hopefully the person is 100% okay and this was a really bad accident..

what was the first incident?

The conveyor belt came loose on the lift hill. I think you'll find an image of it on an earlier page.

Thorpe have gotta close this piece of crap down now. It's ugly, it's boring, it's got a slow queue and has had two incidents in one year. Surely Thorpe realise now that no one really likes this ride.

I was on park today, and heard the same rumour that someone apparently got their leg caught under a boat on the loading platform, Got to be honest, I'm not quite sure how that happened though because there doesnt really seem to be a way to do that, I can only imagine that "possibly" the person was a bit silly and decided to try and get out early before the boat stopped complety in the station, and twisted their leg under the boat, or the person rushed too quickly to get in the boat before the boat had stopped, and again got their leg caught under the boat, or again it could have been operator error where the person was getting in, and accidently started up the ride not realising everyone was on, I guess we cant speculate until we really hear anything offical though (If we do)

It makes you wonder the future of the ride, only 2 years in, and yes 2 fairly major incidents, plus the ride still leaks really badly underneath, I just cannoy understand Thorpe's decision to buy this ride and put it where they did, Its looks awful, it is awful, and plus you can tell no one really likes it when you see people's expressions when they come off, and the ride only gets queues because of the awful slow capasity.

It doesnt look good for the busy weekends ahead now, with Samurai,Slammer,Storm Surge all down, Plus the Carousel was closed today

It doesnt look good for the busy weekends ahead now, with Samurai,Slammer,Storm Surge all down, Plus the Carousel was closed today

Carousel was open today but closes when the Asylums open :)

I think these "major" incidents are being taken abit out of context here really, such as the conveyer slip, it was open the next day, what may look major and shocking in pictures might not be as major in reality from the parks operational / engineering POV

They were given the opportunity to install a new ride for virtually nothing, and replace a very outdated area of the park. They took the gamble and I think it is fair to say it didn't pay off.

I am sure if they knew all the baggage they would get with the ride, they may have thought twice about adding it.

I started off liking this ride and I don't find it that much of an eyesore if I am quite honest, but there has been so many problems with it that I think the sooner it departs the better. Having said that, I would rather they keep it until they find a suitable replacement. It is not hurting anyone...oh wait.... XD

See I believe that yes it's an eyesore but in reality if you don't look at all the things that we do as fans and look at it from the GP point of view, people must love it otherwise it wouldn't get the queues it does.

^ Agreed, you can argue it has a low throughput, but low throughput or not if people didnt like it, people wouldnt be prepared to queue the long queue times it gets.